My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is there a service manaul for this model or is covered under anther model? This is a large frame tractor? Is the muffer mounted up high or down low. Why didn't this only have a few years? Why wont my tractor start? I've post this in the forum pre senior moment or electrical problem.

Thanks teapot

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is there a service manaul for this model or is covered under anther model? This is a large frame tractor? Is the muffer mounted up high or down low. Why didn't this only have a few years? Why wont my tractor start? I've post this in the forum pre senior moment or electrical problem.

Thanks teapot
Is there a service manual for this model or is covered under anther model? This is a large frame tractor? Is the muffler mounted up high or down low? Why didn't this only have a few years? Why wont my tractor start? I've post this in the forum pre senior moment or electrical problem.

1. Yes there is a service manual.
Bolens 1476 Operator's Maintenance Manual
http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/1476_OMM.pdf

Bolens 1476 Parts List
http://www.mytractorforum.com/images/reference/1476_Partslist.pdf

2. Yes it is a large frame.
3. Look in the link I gave you to tell were it goes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the info. I already have that one . I was talking about a shop service manual.
thanks again teapot

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for the info. I already have that one . I was talking about a shop service manual.
thanks again teapot
There the same thing.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
There the same thing.
Actually, they are not quite the same thing. A shop service manual would tell you how to take the tractor apart and properly put it back together again. The later Large Frames are covered in this way in the "Bolens Service Manual" for Large Frame Tractors, but apparently Bolens did not ever issue a manual like that for the earlier Large Frames like the 1250, 1455, 1476, and 1477.

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Actually, they are not quite the same thing. A shop service manual would tell you how to take the tractor apart and properly put it back together again. The later Large Frames are covered in this way in the "Bolens Service Manual" for Large Frame Tractors, but apparently Bolens did not ever issue a manual like that for the earlier Large Frames like the 1250, 1455, 1476, and 1477.
I knew that was the best you could do for the 1250-1477
Thats why I said thay were the same.
Sorry if I mix you up.

:thanku:

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi every one i new can't figer out how to post on here help please and also i saw bolens today that had what upered to be a factory bucket and backhow did bolens ever make those and if did what model wuold a those be and this bolens was green me new to this stuff ! so please help oh i looked more like the 1886 model sorta thanks

·
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
hi every one i new can't figer out how to post on here help please and also i saw bolens today that had what upered to be a factory bucket and backhow did bolens ever make those and if did what model wuold a those be and this bolens was green me new to this stuff ! so please help oh i looked more like the 1886 model sorta thanks
:Welcome1: Yes bolens did build a front end loader and backhoe for the large frame and others like the tube frame only had a front end loader. If the tractor looks like the one in my sig and the frame is green it may be a HT23.

·
Registered
88 Posts
thanks yes i think it was a ht23 looked in very good shape:thThumbsU i want to get a garden tractor and i hope it is a( bolens like one i saw !) having a beaver would be very cool them little things will pull a hay rack !!!!!!:thThumbsU

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
There were several manufacturers (so-called "Allied Manufacturers" in Bolens-speak) that made front end loaders that could be fitted to the Bolens tractors. Johnson Workhorse, ARK 500, Kwik-Way, and Brantly all made loaders that could be added to a Bolens tractor. Of these, Johnson seems to be the most common. I think only Brantly made a backhoe for the Bolens Large Frame tractors. Bolens itself did not manufacture FEL's or backhoes for their own tractors.

·
5000 posts and climbing
5,454 Posts
:MTF_wel2: landrover200tdi, welcome to the forum.

·
blackjackjakexxix
1,085 Posts
Your right,Brantly was the only one who made the backhoes, made 2 differant styles, one with straight down outriggers and one with the angled outriggers(much more stable)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts