My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any Problems with the Custom series, the 10XL specific?And do you know of any flaws in general with them. I am planning on getting one, and using it as a Household/Competition Puller... is there any tips for better proformance, that will still let me use the snowblower? I am kinda new at this, and don't have alot of cash. And also, How Good are duals? and If I can Find thicker front wheeles, should I take them? :thanku: and please post!:praying:

·
Always Learning
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
flaws? relatively light front axle, not the greatest steering design
better performance? nope, just tune your carb till its perfect, which can take awhile
using the snowblower? chains, weights, WOT, 1st gear, or Lo 3rd
duals in the snow? not good
wider front tires? the skinny ones that are on there are good in the snow

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
10Xl has a goofy clutch mount(like the older suburbans) makes it hard for a repower later...Like small fry said weak front axle....You can "hot rod" that thing by finding a certain #'d carb and using the little metal plate thats behind the carb from a 12hp...The 12hp motor used the bug carbs(not all but most) and the 8 and 10hp got the smaller carbs and smaller "restrictor plates".. your not gonna get like holly crap power but you might get a little, otherwise for your money do like small fry said, tweak the carb till its PERRRRRRRRRFECT........

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
10Xl has a goofy clutch mount(like the older suburbans) makes it hard for a repower later...Like small fry said weak front axle....You can "hot rod" that thing by finding a certain #'d carb and using the little metal plate thats behind the carb from a 12hp...The 12hp motor used the bug carbs(not all but most) and the 8 and 10hp got the smaller carbs and smaller "restrictor plates".. your not gonna get like holly crap power but you might get a little, otherwise for your money do like small fry said, tweak the carb till its PERRRRRRRRRFECT........

You have me mixed up with Hugh :fing32:

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
HOLLY CRAP!! MY minds slipping!!!! My bad small fry, i looked at the pic and just typed away!!!!! I keep thinking he has his 8XL as a display pic.....SOrry guys!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
i love my 10xl, its such a workhorse. once i got the carb straigtened out it was PERFECTT!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts