My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks Bill I am glad to have it back too, hope it stays back this time :)

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
probe1957 said:
Brett,

I am happy to hear the Cub is Cadetting again. I know you were plenty irritated. I felt like it was probably something fairly simple that the dealer just hadn't figured out quite yet. Of course, that is easy for me to say since it wasn't my $20+ grand floating back and forth between the house and the dealer's shop. :)

Yep that's about it! Irritating... Love the machine but like anything you just
don't want to get something new and have issues. My issues are "minor" by
far, just irritating.. When the machine works, it works HARD... As long as it
keeps working and I am treated fair then I have no issue :)

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Glad to hear your cub passed your "torture" test!Hopefully you've got all the new machine bugs worked out and they won't be back.Best of luck and hope the two of you have a lot of happy seat time together!! :goodl: :fing32:

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Pigsitter,

Thanks! I hope for lots of happy seat time as well :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wild Bill 83 said:
JD: I knew what you ment, but jeez, you posted it IN the CUB CADET forum :tsk: :tsk: Ya had to know you were going to catch some flak for that! :D
It's funny how .....I don't think any of the Cub forum guys go to the John Deere forum and make recommendations.....never understood why they think they have to come over here and say "Getta Deere..." :fing20:

I guess I could go over and stir up crud by telling about a customer looking at a Kioti ck30 HST today saying the jD he tried was the worst he tried yet other than a FarmTrac.... :biglaugh:

Or maybe they want to prove how much $$$ they want to give to them.....no questions asked...

Oh yeah Brett jody got it......better if you don't run that diesel out of fuel.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Glad to hear your Cub is back and running strong. You showed alot of class by keeping your cool thru this whole ordeal. Good to see the dealer is standing tall on this. Hope the bugs (sounds like air bugs to me) have left for good. Good luck and enjoy. :thThumbsU :goodl:
Oh yeah, Jody and Neil are right, Cats don't like it when they run out of go juice. That lever you spoke of can give you quite a work out and sometimes putting air to the tank or rigging in an electric pump to pull or push fuel up has to be done.
:rauch10: Mike

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
neil_nassauequipment said:
It's funny how .....I don't think any of the Cub forum guys go to the John Deere forum and make recommendations.....never understood why they think they have to come over here and say "Getta Deere..." :fing20:

I guess I could go over and stir up crud by telling about a customer looking at a Kioti ck30 HST today saying the jD he tried was the worst he tried yet other than a FarmTrac.... :biglaugh:

Or maybe they want to prove how much $$$ they want to give to them.....no questions asked...

Oh yeah Brett jody got it......better if you don't run that diesel out of fuel.

Neil,

It's called an inferiority complex and some people just are not secure with
thier own toys unless they are degrading someone else's I guess. Hey I
owned a Deere and it was a good tractor, was it faultless? No... It couldn't
do the job I wanted it to do either (and I didn't think the Deere 425 was a
lightweight but it was basically a glorified garden tractor).

I looked at Deere and they make great machines no doubt, but they did NOT
make a machine recommended for a backhoe in the size range of the Cub, I
would have had to go bigger and spend way more money to get the same
machine I got from Cub and this machine is the "size" I needed to get in and
around my property.

I am heeding the advice about running out of fuel, I keep the diesel can full
at all times and I never let the machine get down much past 1/4 tank. The
fuel gauge works fantastically (which is something I am NOT used to with a
tractor) :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Brett6284D said:
Neil,

I looked at Deere and they make great machines no doubt, but they did NOT
make a machine recommended for a backhoe in the size range of the Cub, I
would have had to go bigger and spend way more money to get the same
machine I got from Cub and this machine is the "size" I needed to get in and
around my property.

I am heeding the advice about running out of fuel, I keep the diesel can full
at all times and I never let the machine get down much past 1/4 tank. The
fuel gauge works fantastically (which is something I am NOT used to with a
tractor) :)
Actually Deere does offer a backhoe in the same range (46BH for the 4100-4115 & 2520 but you would be paying more for it no doubt -

No sure why folks cautioned you on low fuel (besides getting stuck) since you have self priming, you dont have to worry about running out of diesel and having to prime it to get it started again. unless Im missing something?

Yeah about Deere guys posting in Cub forums....they get lost sometimes, and they need gentle guidence back to the land of purple color sky's :thThumbsU

·
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Isn't the 2520 extremely new though? When I was looking they had the 2210's in stock
and there was no BH for that model and the 2210 with FEL and 60" MMM was 22K or
thereabouts.. Paid 23 and some change for the 6284 with the FEL, BH and Mower :)

The Deere was nice I won't "dis" it.. But really, it wasn't like comparing a Porsche to a
Fiat or anything..

41 - 49 of 49 Posts