My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Paul,

Oh don't worry if I need to talk to any big cheese at MTD I will repeatedly praise my
dealer. I have told everyone at the dealership how excellent they have all been and
how much I appreciate all they have done and are doing for me. Fantastic people through
and through!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Neil,

Yeah everything was acting up except the main hydrostat pump (it seemed to drive
fine, steering, lift arms and FEL were the only things acting up).

Is it possible the hydro fluid was foaming? They said this time around they did not see
any contaminants come out of the fluid.

The FEL seems stronger now than I remember it being... Perhaps there was a restriction
somwhere from the get-go and it's finally out..

Discussion starter · #25 ·
JD,

Thanks for the suggestion, it really wasn't needed.

JD's break and so do Kubota's (in fact when my dad bought his Yanmar, Kubota's
were breaking in-half at that time..)

I could have "lucked" out and had problems with a JD or a Kub... I don't beleive that
this is an inferior product, the way this tractor is made, is top notch, I just was so
lucky to get one that had a few gremlins in the system. It happens...

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Hey Neil,

I do have a question you may be able to answer if you have a chance. I didn't want to
ask my dealer since I have been pestering them enough :)

On the Cat motor up past the injector distribution block there is a lever, this lever is
connected to nothing, it is spring loaded and moved from the front to back of the
motor.

I was just curious what that lever is, the Perkins documentation doesn't say what it's
for and no, I am not touching it.. It just bugs me not knowing it's function!

I was thinking maybe it's a mechanical fuel cutoff?

Brett I'm going to take a guess here and say that the lever is for priming the injectors. I'm just guessing.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Well, the dealer said "give her a thorough workout and see if any problems
arise" can't say I didn't ablige them! I ran her for 5 hours straight today and
moved (estimating) 15 tons of dirt (still no where near done) with the FEL to
another location in the yard where I am going to do some landscape work.

I burnt half a tank of diesel (about 3.2 gallons) in five hours, I also mowed all
the grass on Saturday when they brought the machine back.

All in all I have to say she performed admirably with nary a quick, no odd
noises, no loss in pressure and if anything the FEL seems to be working
stronger than it ever has in the past.

I also had the chance to get up under the machine and grease all the zerks
and I washed the machine good and then got it all dirty again! (what a vicious
cycle!!!!) :sidelaugh

I must say I am happy again and I will need to change my signature image
in the morning.

Brett-good to hear that all is well--at first, it was like reading an up/down horror thriller---would it or wouldn't it??
You ever wonder if our "machines' (cars, trucks , tractors, etc.) plot against us humans @ night? he he ..mess w/ their minds.... :00000061:

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Glenn,

OH I KNOW THEY DO!!!! :)

I have ran a pair of OCE` High Speed LED Array printers for 6 years now, and I do all
the customer billing for our power company, and those fine pieces of German engineering
plot against me, NIGHTLY! And they even talk to one another!

Oy Ve!

At the end of the day I am glad to be back in the operators seat! The Cubby shook
her money maker all day long yesterday and she never said no! That made me a happy
boy :D

Brett,
Please stop!, you're bringing a tear to my eye. :sidelaugh
I just love happy endings. I have less then an acre and right now I wish I had at least 10 acres just so I could get one of those! What a fantastic looking and working machine. Enjoy and keep the bucket out of any low hanging wires. :duh:

Discussion starter · #33 ·
RW,

I am certainly glad I can bring a smile to someone's face via my postings! :)

I do not have ten acres just two and some change, but I am also a firm beleiver in: "Too Much is JUST RIGHT!" :D

No need to take offense since you posted all the Cub "out of crate" issues. As I mentioned this was advice from my personal experience which has included alot of tractors of many brands over the years. Also alot of cars and trucks over the years till I moved to Toyotas.
:lb5:

Discussion starter · #35 ·
JD,

Talk to a Toyota Mechanic..

I take offense to the tone of the post. Problems happen in all brands and if you
haven't had problems you've just been lucky as far as my eye see's it. I have had more
cars than I can count, I often hear people put down Dodge and guess how many times
my Ram has been in the shop? (none) and it's pulled a 5000+ Lb boat a couple thousand
miles already.

I posted my experiances with my Cub but that does not reflect all of Cub Cadet's product
line in any way shape or form. There are hundreds of thousands of satisfied owners out
there. And I am a satisfied owner too, as long as I get service, which I have.

If you don't wish me to counter your posts, then don't post in my topic. If you want to
have level headed debates (which we are) then you are more than welcome to express
your "opinion" so long as you are open to mine also. :)

The lone Dodge on my property (belongs to a nephew) hasn't been in the shop for awhile either! It would have to be towed there, if it were to go, 'cause it ain't run in about a year! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Don't get nervous - I'm just funnin'! There are problems aith all brands, some have more than others.

Brett,

I am happy to hear the Cub is Cadetting again. I know you were plenty irritated. I felt like it was probably something fairly simple that the dealer just hadn't figured out quite yet. Of course, that is easy for me to say since it wasn't my $20+ grand floating back and forth between the house and the dealer's shop. :)

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Galen,

That don't bug me :) I have never had any Dodge I haven't had at least 100K miles
out of before needing to replace anything more than oil, gas,tires,brakes.

But that is because I got lucky.. Same goes for JD and his Toy, it's not because when
you buy a Toyota somehow the heavens part and God above smiles down on you. If
you buy a any vehichle and it treats you right and doesn't break down, you got lucky
or you took good care of it (I try to do both) :)

JD,

Sorry but I don't recall this being a Tractor Recomendation Post, it is a post to detail
issues I was having with my machine. Yeah I take offense to you offering a tractor
recomendation to me, when I have no intentions on buying something else. I already
have a machine, thanks.

Aside from that it's no sweat....

Ahhhhh .............flashes of the good ol' GW. ROF

Brett: Glad to see that you got your machine/kick @ss tractor back, and all is well. :trink40:

JD: I knew what you ment, but jeez, you posted it IN the CUB CADET forum :tsk: :tsk: Ya had to know you were going to catch some flak for that! :D

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.