My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had removed my cutting deck a couple of weeks ago after one of the PTO drive belt idler pulleys had failed. I ordered two new pulleys (figuring I might as well replace both) and received them on Friday. Yesterday after some struggles I managed to remove and replace both idler pulleys. When I got ready to reattach the deck I could not get the the mounting holes at the rear aligned with the lifter arms (cut height adjustment). After sliding the deck underneath the mower I slid it forward and then back to catch the front hanger arm with the hooks on the front of the deck. After I do this, it seems like I need to come back another 3/4" inch or so to get the rear mounting holes lined up with the holes on the lifter arms but the front hanger arm doesn't allow it to come back any further. The manual doesn't say anything in particular about this procedure other than to perform the deck removal steps in reverse order to reinstall it. I can't see what I am doing wrong or leaving out (probably something simple). :banghead3

Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Steve,
Two things come to mind. Is the belt threaded properly and is the PTO off when you try to hook the rear arms?
If those are both correct, you may need a 2nd person to push on the deck from the front.
Dave

·
Registered
668 Posts
Does sound like the deck is engaged pulling the whole thing forward, but if the front tabs are in place is that possible since the front is fixed forward backwards isn't it? did you push the lift lower lever down all the way and can you move the brackets underneath by hand?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I have a 604 that I think hooks up the same way. I have to block up the front of the deck where it hooks about 1 1/2 inches to get the rear to connect on mine. As the front hanger goes up it rotates back.
Cannon51

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 604 that I think hooks up the same way. I have to block up the front of the deck where it hooks about 1 1/2 inches to get the rear to connect on mine. As the front hanger goes up it rotates back.
Cannon51
That was the magic right there. :bannana:

I knew it had to be something ridiculously simple that I just wasn't seeing. I slid a 2x4 under the front of the deck and the holes lined up almost perfectly.

Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts