My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a some in-out lateral play in the fwd/rev actuating lever coming out the RHS of the transmission on a Pro12 and have noticed that reverse requires much more effort at the lever to get the tractor to back up.I'm also having trouble generating enough spring tension to lock the forward clutch in sufficiently. I'm suspecting that the woodruff key that lives in the actuating shaft has broken or gone missing. My question is can I service this by simply removing the fwd/rev lever assembly by loosening up the pinch bolt or do I need to remove the advance casting to get at it?

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Corrected the lateral play at the fwd/rev activating rod by adding a washer at the fwd/rev lever and using the hex bolt to force the lever and key further onto the shaft and closing the gap at the case.

Issue I have now is I cant generate enough force with the stock upper spring to fully compress the upper forward clutch lock spring to the recommended gap. The result is that the tractor will only go forward on level concrete.

Advice? Upgrade to a stiffer upper rod spring or remove the advance casting to see if there is an issue with the planetaries? Reverse requires quite a bit of lever force, but does work.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts