My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When they give the price for wheel weights is that for one tire or two tires. I'm
looking to get a blade, chains and weights for my Cub i1050. Thanks!

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
Most people call 2 wheel weights a "set". And unless you lost a wheel weight, it dont make sence to sell just one . Hope this helps!:trink39:

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
True!

It really depends on who you're buying them from though, I've seen em sold as singles before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my Cub dealer and he said they don't sell the wheel weights, they only sell the weight box that goes on the back. He said their blade can be moved left to right from the drivers seat. I thought you had to get off and move it.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
I called my Cub dealer and he said they don't sell the wheel weights, they only sell the weight box that goes on the back. He said their blade can be moved left to right from the drivers seat. I thought you had to get off and move it.
Depends on the Blade set up:thThumbsU

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
I'm looking to get a blade, chains and weights for my Cub i1050.
Hi Jim,

How is the i-Series holding up?

When I bought weights they were sold as a pair. I think I paid around $75. Bought them at the tractor dealer if I recall. Plastic type, filled with cement.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
You may consider filling em with Rimguard. Cheaper, and you'll gain the same amount of weight without bolting anything on. Also puts the weight right where you need it, on the ground.

Rimguard Liquid Tire Ballast

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
You may consider filling em with Rimguard. Cheaper, and you'll gain the same amount of weight without bolting anything on. Also puts the weight right where you need it, on the ground.

Rimguard Liquid Tire Ballast
BINGO!

I broke one of my 75 pound plastic/cement weights this summer and have been contemplating building a wheel-weight bracket to hold standard barbell weights.

But Rim Guard is a much better idea...and probably a lot less money too. Thanks for posting that suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
No problem :)

If i recall, I put about 6-7 gals in each wheel on my 23x8.50x12 rear wheels. All said and done, with having the shop inject the liquid (they had to inject it through the valve stem since I have tubes) it was about 60 bucks. Anti-corrosive and even a little heavier than antifreeze or washer fluid per volume. I still say it's by far the best 60 bucks I've spent on the 2186. Traction is SOOOOO much better.

Now that I'm hauling firewood up from the valley I'm wanting a little more weight (I only weigh 155lbs myself), so I'll probably have to fab up a weight bracket.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I just got a quote for Rim-Guard, $3.05 per gallon. That's only $0.28 per pound! I'm bringing the tires to the dealer tomorrow morning.

I'll be replacing 75 pound wheel weights (per wheel) for about 90 pounds of weight per wheel. I'm just so tired of the cement filled plastic containers breaking. That' and I really hate installing them. Of course, installing 100+ pound tires wont be any treat, but at least I can use my floor jack to get the studs lined-up perfectly with the rim.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
It's great stuff, that Rimguard! You're gonna love it man.

·
lawn/farm hobbiest
185 Posts
I bought the 48" snowblower, wheel weights, and chains for $2045 + tax from the dealership. All "Factory" for whatever its worth. 2011 GT2000.

Note: Both wheel weights didn't come with enough nuts/washers for the 4th bolt.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Wow! That's sweet that it's all factory, but you'd think it would at least be sent with enough hardware! Sheesh! What do the factory weights look like?

·
lawn/farm hobbiest
185 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
A little story...

20+ years ago I purchased a new Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX sight unseen. I read all of the reviews prior to the cars release and I know I had to have one. There were only two options for the car; a stereo upgrade that included a CD player (factory installed CD players were all the rage then) and floor mats. I wanted both. I left a deposit and the salesmen, Steve, told me that my car would be inbound in about 6 weeks. I checked weekly and always confirmed the color (black) and the stereo upgrade. All along I was told "yep, that's what's coming in.

The day the car arrived at the dealership they called me and I was there before they even unloaded it from the carrier. I went and got lunch while they prep'ed the car. When I returned it was sitting front and center, clean and ready to deliver. Steve met me and took me over to the car. We did a walk around and then I got inside. The car was everything I had hoped for...until I looked at the center stack and noticed that the car had the standard stereo. When I pointed this out to Steve he told me that was the way I ordered the car. I flipped. I actually had to get my sales slip and show Steve where he hand wrote on the sales order "includes factory CD player". Steve went to the parts department and told me "it will be in in a few weeks, it wasn't ready". The whole thing didn't feel right.

It would take me thousands of words to describe what I went through (and the lies that the dealership told) to get the factory CD player in this car. Over a year later, after I went to small claims court, they got me the radio I had ordered. I wouldn't let them install it. I wouldn't let them near my car. Steve was fired when the owner discovered the lies and the length he went to deceive me.

For 10 or more years, every time I went into a car dealership to buy a new car, I was always greeted by Steve. He always seemed to work at the brand I wanted to purchase. It always took him a few seconds to remember who I was, and when he remembered he always RAN away.

The reason I tell this story...

When I went to pick up my tires today I was told "that will be $133". I said "there's no way my tires took 40-plus gallons of fluid". The counter woman told me "no, they took 12 gallons". So how does 12 gallons of Rim Guard cost $133? The counter woman said, the Sales Manger said the $3.05 per gallon doesn't include labor. I said BS, go get him.

You know where this is going...

Out from the office comes Steve. Before he even got out of his office he was yelling "the price doesn't include the hour of labor"; and then he looked me in the eye and I could see the moment of recognition. He just turned to the counter woman and said "give him the credit for the labor."

This guy NEVER changes his stripes. It's getting to the point where I'm going to have to ask first if Steve works there.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
That is an unbelievable story. Props to you for stickin to your guns man. Here's to Steve! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts