My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to JD to price out a 720 se for my father.

720 se with 54 inch mower deck 12600.00
three point and pto installed 2000.00
48 inch tiller 2600.00
+ 5% tax
:thSick: :thSick: :thSick: :thSick:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Yeah, but he can pass it on to you, and your grandkids can be mowing with it for you one day.

Bear in mind that my little 318, back in 1987 cost $6500 new with a tiller. It still runs like a scalded dog.

·
Dan
3,954 Posts
Wow

my Grandma told her case 444 back 1972 if I am sure. My Grandpa bought for $5,000 dollars for snowblower, plow, sweeper, and huge mower deck they put. In 1997 Grandpa died so Grandma pay $5,000 for new kohler 14 hp. I was surprise $5,000 for engine but she told she LOVE THAT and knew it REAL tractor.

Now they worth $13,000 for new.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Peanuts for a wealthy guy like you Gerald !!! Come on buy it for Dad for Fathers Day :fing32: :fing32:

You can save the 5% sales Tax if you buy it in Delaware ... no state sales tax .. zero .. none !! :trink39:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts

48 inch tiller 2600.00
+ 5% tax
Wouldnt it be cheaper to just get a 2305 and a 48" King Kutter tiller?? :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Peanuts for a wealthy guy like you Gerald !!! Come on buy it for Dad for Fathers Day :fing32: :fing32:

You can save the 5% sales Tax if you buy it in Delaware ... no state sales tax .. zero .. none !! :trink39:
Ken,

They don't pay sales tax either in Alberta but have to pay the Gouge and Screw Tax (GST) live every other of us north of the border. Even when we bring stuff from stateside we must bow to the great GST Gods and wimper please don't beat us..

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
I concur! I’m surprised at you Gerald for even asking how much it cost with the liquid assets you have at your disposal. :sidelaugh Just messing with you bud… that is a lot of bucks! :fing32:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I concur! I’m surprised at you Gerald for even asking how much it cost with the liquid assets you have at your disposal. :sidelaugh Just messing with you bud… that is a lot of bucks! :fing32:
:biglaugh: Now I wouldn't have gone that far......well if we were in the chat room maybe.. :hide:

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Well Gerald, your dealer may not have to close doors after all.:sidelaugh

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
money isn't the problem. he's having trouble getting his wallet out of his pocket with those broken fingers:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
No Longer With Us
126 Posts
Ken,

They don't pay sales tax either in Alberta but have to pay the Gouge and Screw Tax (GST) live every other of us north of the border. Even when we bring stuff from stateside we must bow to the great GST Gods and wimper please don't beat us..

holy cow ... that's one heck of a name for a tax ... they should be so honest with the tax names here in the states - what does it mean?

I've sent plenty of packages to Canada and Europe and I just say that it's either a gift, or that I'm returning a borrowed item to a friend ... never any of that BS tax that way

here in MN it's 6.5% sales tax, but if you buy something in another state and have it shipped here there's NO tax at all

I always thought it was in the constitution that we couldn't be double taxed ... well, we're taxed when we make the money, then taxed on it again when we spend it - then the business that gets the sale has to pay tax on it yet again ... so far that's about 60% of every dollar I make that goes back to the IRS by the time I spend it (25%-30% income tax ~ 6.5% sales tax and then another 25%-30% income tax for the business I buy whatever from) ... it gets worse than that I'm sure, but I don't like to think about it

another good reason to buy (and sell) from/to private parties on Craigslist

yea, for $18k+ I'd be looking for a nice used late model CUT with attachments instead of buying a brand new one that's just as nice, but that will start depreciating as soon as you get it dirty

but I guess if we all do that, the tractor manufacturers will go bankrupt in a few years too :hide:

the only advantages to buying that one is the warranty and the fact that you can easily get financing for it ... one thing dealers have going for them is that not many people have that kind of money saved up all at once, and they are able to offer financing ... but for the few people who are looking to buy a $18k tractor (or anything else) and actually have cash in hand for it, buying from a private party is always the best bargain IMO

·
Registered
150 Posts

48 inch tiller 2600.00
+ 5% tax
Am I missing something? Where is the loader here? $17,200 and no loader seems high to me but....

My 2520 w/loader 62 mmm, quicktatch and 48" tiller,listed for a little more than that and I think you can do better IMHO. :goodl:

·
No Longer With Us
126 Posts
Wow

my Grandma told her case 444 back 1972 if I am sure. My Grandpa bought for $5,000 dollars for snowblower, plow, sweeper, and huge mower deck they put. In 1997 Grandpa died so Grandma pay $5,000 for new kohler 14 hp. I was surprise $5,000 for engine but she told she LOVE THAT and knew it REAL tractor.

Now they worth $13,000 for new.
sounds like she got tanen advantage of by a dishonest service shop ... happens all the time, especially to "Grandma's" ... but at least she made the right decision and fixed that 444 instead of buying a newer piece of junk ... by 1997 things were already going down the meat hold fast

does she still have that 444? ... still running good?

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Am I missing something? Where is the loader here? $17,200 and no loader seems high to me but....

My 2520 w/loader 62 mmm, quicktatch and 48" tiller,listed for a little more than that and I think you can do better IMHO. :goodl:
THese are canadian prices. :Disgus:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts