My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to keep the John Deere GT275 . Not sure I can afford to keep it .
First , my two shed doors are too narrow . Second , I'd have to keep it outdoors . Don't think it's ever seen a rain drop . And third , with the powerflow grass catcher .
I've seen the price range from 1000 to 2500 . This one sat for 5 years . I have changed all of the fluids with John Deere recommended brand . The hood is in excellent shape except for a few scratches . Near new tires that we're still up . No play in the steering . Pretty much like new ! Just a small crack in the seat .
The question is , what price should I ask for it ?
Thanks in advance !

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Is there an hour meter?

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Without pictures in my area of NJ, would be $1200 to $1500........any more then that you can get a used 345 which has more bells and whistles then a GT275.

Maybe an extra $300 to $400 for power flow package.

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Put $2500 or best offer on it and take nothing lower then $2200

·
Registered
448 Posts
Repair shop up the street had one in similar condition at the curb for $1700. It was gone in a couple of days.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
The first thing I would do is to make it look like new. I know that the engine is covered in mold but you need to clean it up. Buff out the hood and powder coating and clean up the deck. I have owned and sold that model and it is well regarded because of the big one-cylinder engine. If you do all of that I think $1800 is a real ballpark number. Blades sharpened and oil changed will also make it more sellable to people who need a mower the next day. I just sold a GX255 for $2000 an hour ago with PS and diff lock that looked like new. I don't believe you will ever get $2000 for it

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
The first thing I would do is to make it look like new. I know that the engine is covered in mold but you need to clean it up. Buff out the hood and powder coating and clean up the deck. I have owned and sold that model and it is well regarded because of the big one-cylinder engine. If you do all of that I think $1800 is a real ballpark number. Blades sharpened and oil changed will also make it more sellable to people who need a mower the next day. I just sold a GX255 for $2000 an hour ago with PS and diff lock that looked like new. I don't believe you will ever get $2000 for it
He will get someone for $2000 if interested in Power flow bagger also, if he sells it seperate, should get aleast $2000 total(tractor and bagger) if in NJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those were pictures before I cleaned it up ! In the process of cleaning the whole frame and engine . The hood is scratched . And the seat is cracked in one spot . Should I repaint the hood or leave it . Can get John Deere green , but it never seems to quite match .
Thanks for all the input . Much appreciated !

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Can probably buff this one out before selling it.

Reactions: dougand3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those were pictures before I cleaned it up ! In the process of cleaning the whole frame and engine . The hood is scratched . And the seat is cracked in one spot . Should I repaint the hood or leave it . Can get John Deere green , but it never seems to quite match .
Thanks for all the input . Much appreciated ! Up in

·
Registered
448 Posts
I wouldn't repaint the good just for scratches. Somewhere in this forum I have seen posts on buffing them out.

·
JD X585 owner
531 Posts
Any chance chance you can widen your shed doors? I did that on my shed when I upgraded tractors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I wouldn't repaint the hood for scratches. A lot can be done with sanding and buffing. If you start with 800 wet and end up with 2000 wet and then buff with a good polishing compound you can get many scratches out. Painting usually makes scratches stand out rather than hiding them. There is a good quality 4-inch yellow vinyl tape available that can be applied to the seat crack on eBay. Do not fall for any of the liquid repairs for seats. They are all a hoax.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wouldn't repaint the hood for scratches. A lot can be done with sanding and buffing. If you start with 800 wet and end up with 2000 wet and then buff with a good polishing compound you can get many scratches out. Painting usually makes scratches stand out rather than hiding them. There is a good quality 4-inch yellow vinyl tape available that can be applied to the seat crack on eBay. Do not fall for any of the liquid repairs for seats. They are all a hoax.
Thanks for all of the tips . They will all be used !

·
Got Grass?
1,292 Posts
Around me in VA, that's a $1200 tractor, maybe. Possibly a little more with the powerflo
In my part of VA also

Cub Cadet SZ Tank 54
Cub Cadet Zforce SX 48
John Deere 1025r FEL
(2) 80 carts
15 cart
Frontier ss1023b
Frontier af10f
Land Pride FDR1660 mower
Land Pride GS0548 plane
Land Pride RTR 1258 tiller
Land Pride QH05 quick hitch
Victory EF 155 flail mower
48” sand filled lawn roller

·
Registered
797 Posts
Im in western mass and have two 4 foot wide doors I took off my shed. $50 and you can keep the tractor!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts