My Tractor Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,560 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,278 Posts
I filled up for $2/gal Sunday in Siloam Springs, AR and it promptly went up $.16 the next day. If my cars are rated for 87 octane I run that in them.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,958 Posts
Last time I got diesel fuel late last month it was 2.39 a gallon..
Last Saturday I stopped to get more ,and it was 2..59 a gallon..and the guy in the station said "you may want to fill it now,because I was told its going up a lot more soon"....

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Just did my monthly, OK this time was 6 weeks, fill of gasoline for the truck. Paid $3.13 for the non-ethanol gas at the same station I always go to in Slocomb, AL. Most of the other stations had $2.86 for the regular unleaded.

4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I bought gas today. I filled up with high test. High test was $3.69 a gallon. I know diesel is $2.89 a gallon. Regular was $2.74.

So, I'm spending about $11 more since it starting going up. That could add up to 500 or 600 more a year. And I don't go anywhere.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,958 Posts
Cheapest diesel I saw over the weekend was $2.77 a gallon..
I got some 2 weeks ago for $2.59,and a week before that it was $2.37 ..

I suppose the arctic weather,power outages TX had will affect refineries...soon everything delivered by truck or rail will be going up,up,up..

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,560 Posts
Driving home from NJ today, as I passed through Princeton, the price of regular 87 octane gas was $2.99. A little farther up the road it was $3.59. :eek:

4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Well another thing why it was cheaper last year was everyone had a stay at home order and were told don't go out so I think when there's no demand the price drops down. Some stations are closed permanently. Now that everyone is driving more, the demand goes up and the price goes up.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,958 Posts
I think there were more cars on the road last year around here during the "lockdown"--it was like everyone out of work had nothing better to do than drive around all day!..gas was cheap,I guess that encouraged more folks to go joyriding..not much else to do..

·
Super Moderator
7,278 Posts
We're up to $2.40/87 octane here in NW AR. The pandemic low I paid here was ~ $1.13 with some at $.99.

4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I stopped off at Exxon today. Regular was $3.69, Mid grade was $3.99 and High test was $4.19. Its gone up a lot. I bet it reaches $5.00 a gallon by the summer. Since being retired I don't drive that much. Maybe fill up every three weeks. The people still working and fill up twice a week. This would put a burden on them.

·
Super Moderator
9,590 Posts
WOW! ...I thought NY was supposed to be expensive..I paid $2.63 a gallon for 87 yesterday....before Christmas it was $1.85...same price cash or CC at this place....92 is about a half a buck more

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fred Meyer Burien, Washington (South/Southwest King County)
Cash:
  • Regular: $2.95
  • Midgrade: $3.15
  • Premium: $3.25
  • Diesel: $2.95
3/8/2021 (March 8, 2021)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm about to start running premixed ethanol free gas in my 4-stroke engines... I can get it at dealer pricing and the prices are starting to get a whole lot closer to each other...

4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I did find a cheaper place for gas but its out of my way. I filled up for $3.89. I went inside to buy a power ball ticket and the person in front of me bought a pack of cigarettes for $11.25. I asked him did they go up just like gas is going up and he said worst than gas. He said they were $8.50 last week. I noticed the drive thru car wash went up too. The powerball is $3, I guess that will go up too.

·
Super Moderator
9,590 Posts
Last Summer I paid $1.89 for 87 octane...same place ...still the cheapest $2.69...oil was dropping....but came back up yesterday

121 - 140 of 158 Posts