My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,536 Posts
On way to work yesterday, local place was $3.159/gal. Stopped on way home to fill up and it was $3.259/gal.

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
Product Font Rectangle Material property Screenshot

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
I am still good on small day jobs. Anything larger this sure eats into profits.
I am on one now where the fuel bill alone will be $200. Makes it really hard to make anything.

·
Super Moderator
38,404 Posts
$3.45 a gallon the other day here in PA!! Got to remember to fill up just before leaving Ohio next Sunday when I come home from plow day. I think they are still around $2.89 per gallon.

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
They are between 3.29 and 3.99 here. But on Tuesdays Shell lowers their price on high 0.25 cents and since I shop at Giant I may get another 20 cents off when I fill up. The prices have been steady here. Some states have a high tax on gas.

California pumps out the highest state gas tax rate of 66.98 cents per gallon, followed by Illinois (59.56 cpg), Pennsylvania (58.7 cpg), and New Jersey (50.7 cpg). The lowest state gas tax rates can be found in Alaska at 14.98 cents per gallon, followed by Missouri (17.42 cpg) and Mississippi (18.79 cpg).Jul 28, 2021

·
Registered
'81 Gravely tractor, 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's Gravely tractors Various Honda Power equipment
613 Posts
$3.45 a gallon the other day here in PA!! Got to remember to fill up just before leaving Ohio next Sunday when I come home from plow day. I think they are still around $2.89 per gallon.
Unfortunately we live in the highest fuel taxed state in the nation and have the worst roads in the nation.
Not 1 penny of the fuel tax ever went to repairing the roads that is was supposed to go for, it all went to 'Pork' projects that had nothing to do with transportation at all. I got to see it first hand when I worked for the Commonwealth of Pa.
Your 'Tax Dollars HARDLY at Work'.
When you add all the different taxes together besides the state tax on Pa's fuel it totals out to almost $1.60 a gallon and going up higher, we have too many 'B.S.' taxes added to the price of our fuel besides the state tax, and don't forget the sales tax on top of the 58.7 cpg that is not included in the base state tax per gallon of $.587 per gallon.

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
One thing you Penna residents can look forward to is you have no state income tax. That is a huge savings. Plus, correct me if I am wrong, but I think they don't tax Pensions, Retirements, or Social Security.

·
Registered
'81 Gravely tractor, 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's Gravely tractors Various Honda Power equipment
613 Posts
Yes we do have state income tax and they do tax pensions, retirement and social security, we are one of the most taxed states in the nation unfortunately.
Our state income tax just went up again. It used to be around 6% now it is higher of your total income.
They even tax us on money we have in a savings account in the bank, plus any interest we earn on everything.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,837 Posts
According to AARP, Pennsylvania doesn't tax pensions, unless you take an early retirement.

Map Product Font Pattern Auto part

·
Super Moderator
38,404 Posts
According to AARP, Pennsylvania doesn't tax pensions, unless you take an early retirement.

View attachment 2523708
Nope, one of the friendliest retiree states in the Union! Personal Income Tax is up from 1% to 3.07% so that is a big increase this year, it doesn't apply to retirement income though. It's state sales tax that is 6%, and state fuel tax is somewhere around 58 cents a gallon, I think the 2nd highest in the nation behind California.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Philadelphia County the state sales tax is 8%.
Many local municipalities now add their own sales tax on top of the state sales tax so it takes it above the 6.03% that it is now. I've seen a few Counties where it was 7% or more because of the local sales taxes added to the state sales tax.
Some local income tax is at or above 6% now. That is the same as the sales tax amount and higher than the state income tax. When you add all of the income taxes together, you get hammered.
Unfortunately Pennsylvania is not as tax friendly as they once were in the past. They have to make up for money the Feds are cutting them off from.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I just bought gas in north GA, 87 oct E10 for $2.99. But it is $3.04 if you use a credit card.
Cannon

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Think yourselves lucky....somewhat LOL.. Gas here in Nova Scotia as of Oct-15-21 is CAN$1.439 a liter. Time you take into account the Canuk buck at US$0.81 and size in the US gallon it works out to US$4.41 a US gallon.
During Covid a year or so ago when gas was $0 dollars a barrell it was under CAN$ 0.65 a liter.......Mike

·
Registered
394 Posts
On the state line -

WI best in my area $2.98

IL best in my area $3.59

Long lines in WI to get fuel, no lines in IL.

The price split is nearly the same for diesel too.

261 - 280 of 280 Posts