My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
241 - 260 of 280 Posts
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
My Jeep has the 5.7 Hemi and its full time 4 wheel drive. I get only 10 mpg. Maybe more on the highway but that's it. When gas went up to $ 4.00 a gallon it didn't keep people off the road. They were driving just as much.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,173 Posts
I drive a 2013 Chevy Silverado 4WD w/ a V-6 and get an average of 16mpg. I used to drive over 30,000 miles a year when I was working, but now average about 5,000 a year. My wife had a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and that got about 10 mpg plus it used a quart of oil every 200 miles. Traded that in on a Subaru Forester that gets about 30 mpg, so the gas savings helps toward the monthly loan payment Gas prices here were hovering around $2.80 +/- last year. Now they are around $3.09 to $3.24 a gallon depending on what town I am in. Prices fluctuate a lot in less than 10 miles of distance.

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
They fluctuate here too depending where you go. Where I live there's 12 gas stations within a mile of my home. 12 of them and their prices are all the same. But if I'm in DC or an area in my county where there is only one station in that area, the prices are real high.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
WOW, gas went up a whole 3¢ for the ethanol free since last month, now $3.63 @ gallon.

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Has anyone seen the price of new vehicles. Dealers are selling all vehicles at list price plus $5,000. They have no supply and there's a big demand. I saw three Ram trucks listed for over $100,000. I saw some Chevys for 60 and 70 grand. Corvettes for over 100 grand. Jeeps just about any vehicle prices have sky rocketed. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland I bought new 8 years ago for 50 grand. They are now 63 grand with the same equipment. Hemi motor eats some gas.

·
Super Moderator
11,473 Posts
$3.459/10 But it hardly uses any...at that same place....When I got the tractor in October it was $2.459/10

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
You won't believe I only paid $2.00 for regular. I got 60 cents off a gallon up to 35 gallons. Heck, I filled up 4 five gallon containers for the tractor and filled the Jeep up too. You can't beat that price. I have enough gas for the tractor maybe for the rest of the summer.

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
The week after Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005, the average price of a gallon of regular gas shot up 46 cents, to $3.07 a gallon, according to data from the US Energy Information Administration. That 18% jump in prices was the largest one-week percentage spike in data going back to the 1991 Gulf War. It took two months for gas prices to return to the pre-Katrina levels after that storm.

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
Got the cheapest gas I've seen in awhile the other night in Rogers, AR. $2.66/gal for e10

5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
I get between 10 cents and 50 cents off a gallon if I shop at Giant and buy gas at Shell. Tuesdays, Shell lowers the price of Premium, 25 cents so I may get as much as 75 cents off a gallon.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,173 Posts
I was out and about yesterday (northeast PA) and noticed that in some places the price of gas dropped to just below $3 a gallon. The stations closest to me are still hovering around $3.20

241 - 260 of 280 Posts