My Tractor Forum banner
181 - 200 of 254 Posts
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
They were back yesterday but the effects takes 2 or 3 weeks before it gets normal. They said there is only half the amount of tanker drivers are working because a lot of them were laid off last year when we had the stay at home order. Some got covid and got sick.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
There is always a shortage of qualified OTR drivers, mainly because the pay is quite horrible and the working conditions so poor. Yes, at one time OTR drivers made a good living, but that was quite a while ago. The ones that were laid off simply found other positions that suited them better.

·
Super Moderator
8,247 Posts
GB.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,247 Posts
I saw a video of people putting gas in plastic bags. Crazy!!!
It is. Can't believe we haven't heard of reports of people burning themselves up.

·
Super Moderator
15,637 Posts
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
It says here it may take several weeks to recover.

5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
A car went up in flames after a driver smoking a cigarette cleans his hands with sanitizer. This is near me.

·
Professional Homeowner
8,038 Posts
I bet we hear of some fires related to this stupidity. Greed overcomes common sense.
Already read about a couple on the news. One almost made it sound like the containers were approved, but dumb driver decided it would be OK to spark up a cancer stick with a few of them (unknown condition) in the back of his SUV.

·
Super Moderator
16,914 Posts
It is. Can't believe we haven't heard of reports of people burning themselves up.
////////////////////////////

Did!! Saw a picture of a Hummer that burnt to the ground in Texas, I think--back end loaded w/ plastic jugs....
Pure stupid!

·
Super Moderator
16,914 Posts
Just paid 2.99 @ a WAWA--attendant said they are getting a tanker load now every 12 hours........

5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Those plastic gas cans I have must be made of a different plastic. They do leak where the spout meets the can. I just filled up two of them Monday for the tractor not even thinking about the gas shortage. I have those EZ POUR spouts with the leaky rubber seals.

If the metal cans weren't that expensive I would use them.

I did see a station that had high test at $4.69 a gallon.

5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
I went to the dry cleaners and saw a Sunoco station opened. It looked like cars coming in from every direction. I left the area and went to the coffee shop a mile away. I passed three Shell stations , two more Sunoco stations, an Exxon, a Liberty station and they were all closed. I think there's about 12 stations within 1.5 miles of the house. Looks like a Citgo and a Sunoco were open out of the 12 stations. So, there is some gas available. I may have enough for end of next week. I have 10 gallons in the shed if I need it.

181 - 200 of 254 Posts