My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the shell station the other day and paid $1.44 for regular. I filled up four 5 gallon containers for the tractor. It was down to $1.94 and I got another 50 cents off because I shop at Giant Food.

·
Super Moderator
9,590 Posts
I paid a $1.959 a few days ago...have not been out since....but this had to be the first time in almost 25 years that I paid below 2 dollars a gallon

·
Super Moderator
7,278 Posts
gas.JPG

·
Super Moderator
35,719 Posts
Was $2.02 cents in Titusville on Monday. I have to get groceries today so we'll see if they reacted to the news yesterday and raised it back up. They move the price up immediately here, but are slow to lower it!

·
Administrator
5,914 Posts
Ours is down to $0.69/litre.....which translates to $2.61 Cdn. If you account for the US exchange, it would be $1.83 US
2 weeks ago we paid $1.10/litre

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,560 Posts
$2.21 here day before yesterday as I passed a Sunoco. People aren't buying much gas so the stations aren't making much money and are slow to lower prices.

·
Super Moderator
7,278 Posts
I may start putting non -ethanol in my cars due to ethanol sitting in the tanks longer and absorbing water.

·
Super Moderator
35,719 Posts
$2.02 today at the pump for regular, filled the Ram up for $42.00 with mid grade with discount of 40 cents to $1.99! My wallet breathed a sigh of relief!!

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
In my town it ranges from $2.49 - $2.99 . At Costco or the county CO-OP its $1.89. How can the prices have such a wide range?

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Southern Alabama is $1.59 most places I saw today for the ethanol junk. Just did my once a month fill for the truck of non-ethanol for $1.99 @ gallon.

4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In my town it ranges from $2.49 - $2.99 . At Costco or the county CO-OP its $1.89. How can the prices have such a wide range?

There's a wide range of gas prices because every state has a different amount of tax on a gallon and the closer you are to a refinery, the cheaper the gas maybe.

·
Super Moderator
7,278 Posts
Dropping daily
gas.JPG

·
Super Moderator
35,719 Posts
Remoteness and taxes are what the oil companies will respond with when asked that question. Here if you live in a city with multiple competing stations (like 10 or 15) the price is always lower as the delivery trucks can fill more than one station in a haul. And you have to see where your state is for excise taxes on petroleum, PA is one of the highest in the country, but not as bad as California. It will vary in the state 10 - 50 cents depending on where we are in PA and Harrisburg always seems the lowest. Drive over to Ohio and it's always 25 cents a gallon cheaper.

·
20,000 +posts!
20,958 Posts
Diesel at the pump here is still over $2.50 a gallon,but I can buy heating oil for $1.59 a gallon..and the company I have sells the usual dyed "road taxed" fuel as I get from the pump..
Governor here is pushing to get a bill passed to jack up gas taxes 17 cents the first year,and increase at least that much yearly,until we're paying as much as CA..we already defeated the bill several years ago,by referendum on the ballot,but I guess that doesn't mean anything any more..

Lowest gas prices here range from $1.70 to $2.10 last time I looked about a week ago..

1 - 20 of 158 Posts