My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's a free country they can ask what they want.

Good luck to them.
As someone here on MTF said demographics play a part. I think things are pricey here in Co.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
As someone here on MTF said demographics play a part. I think things are pricey here in Co.
I lived there for 10 years, but with a 1/10th acre lot had no need for much more than a weed whacker so I didn't know anything about GT prices. At the time, if you wanted a bigger lot, you went and bought yourself a 40 acre plot and went for a CUT.

·
Super Moderator
39,182 Posts
First of all the rear has no down force, the "Classic Collector" wouldn't want a newer high backed seat (even though it looks more comfortable) and didn't know what Ag or Tractor tires are called! Hmmm! It does look nice though! If that is what they go for in Colorado we all know location has a lot to do with pricing.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Actually, now that I think about it, I traded a bunch of PMs with a member from CO who was after a classic JD. We found reasonable prices, but just a very scarce selection IIRC.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
The 317 looks like it is from someone that only wants to see if he can a stupid price for it and really doesn't want to sell it too bad.

The 318 is someone that doesn't have any clue what they are worth.

That's my $.02

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Probably NOT a member, the air cleaner cover isn't the current MTF Member restored Yellow !! :sidelaugh

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
I got nearly that much for a 318 a couple of years ago. That price isn't out of line. The 317 is of course just silly, and "completely restored" can vary from everything taken apart and renewed to a spray can paint job over dirt & rust. It will still not be a 318 even if the K17 was rebuilt. Nice tractors but about $4000 too high.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Maybe the wagon that comes with the 317 is the ultra rare gold plated Model 80 cart. That would explain the price a little better.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Yeah, 316`s and 318`s usually get good money up our way.

Here`s about as good a deal as can be found around here.

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2822997543.html

My left brain is telling me to hitch up the trailer and go look at it.
My right brain is reminding me that I already have all the tractor projects I`ll need for a few years to come.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Yeah, 316`s and 318`s usually get good money up our way.

Here`s about as good a deal as can be found around here.

http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2822997543.html

My left brain is telling me to hitch up the trailer and go look at it.
My right brain is reminding me that I already have all the tractor projects I`ll need for a few years to come.
Although the seller has no clue, I think you need to hitch that trailer up. $5 says there ain't no rear PTO.

·
Premium Member
8,676 Posts
I like the way they strapped the spreader down to the trailer but left the tractor untethered.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
I like the way they strapped the spreader down to the trailer but left the tractor untethered.
It looks like they also have a strap to the front axle, or possibly to the blade where it connects to the front.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
I am seeing $400 in tires a seat alone.
318 fetch a high price here in CT.
Even with 1300+ hours?? For a low hour one it is not that out of line. IMO...

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,645 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the 317, it has a very desirable 2 way blade (4 way in some circles) and the spreader is just a tow behind.
The wheels look like they at least weren't sprayed without masking the tires like some I've seen, and the seat looks ok. My only real criticism is that it is priced way too high and has only 2 photos of the same side.
Maybe his wife told him it had to go after all the work & money he put in it, and this is his way of making her happy?

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.