My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Re: Presenting the Amazing Kubota AMX-3 remote controlled mower.

If there is no more teasing, how about some details...:fing20:

·
Green Team !!!
468 Posts

Very neat !!
Cross between a 4 wheeler and a mower. Yes, many more pictures would be nice !!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

That is a cool mower. More pictures would be great.

·
1,850 Posts

Sorry, we are on alternate time here, and the day had caught up with me...

If the engine looks like this inside you know you have got a winner:

D1105, research was wrong, 1,123cc/26hp.

·
1,850 Posts

There were minor faults with the steering and four wheel electronic alignment, and the engine was cutting out every few minutes.

The last few repairs or adjustments were obviously carried out by someone without a clue, or a care, probably gave up on the 'old junk'...

I seem to know the thing like I invented it, immediately obvious the steering feedback mechanism was out of kilter, a 10mm wrench and some judicious reasoning had it right in no time.

Grounds/connectors cleaned and tightened, no longer a spurious engine overtemp/fault shutdown.

I am still trying to determine date of manufacture, no obvious indications yet.

Calling Kubota with the engine serial number will probably get me pretty close.

Control panel, seat up view reveals the control box for the radio control system, center foreground.

·
1,850 Posts

Three steering modes, to suit your current mood.

Normal, 4ws/near zero turning radius or going sideways like a drifter.

It took a minute get used to the electro-hydraulic steering, once all four wheels were pointed in the same direction the situation improved dramatically...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

What size area do you mow ?
Do you plan on running it remotely ?
I m guessing that when on remote it has a distance limit so it will shut off if it has a lose of signal ?
Can it operate with other attachments beside the mower ?

·
1,850 Posts

Just under half an acre, and by the time I am done with it there will be more gardens and chickens than grass, planning multiple uses for this machine.

No other attachments/accessories have been found yet, but possibilities seem abundant, and will be explored.

I will post up about the Hill soon, a magical place, found through chance good luck earlier this year.

A work in progress, abandoned for years, taking it back one step at a time.

The R/C system is not currently functional, aside from missing the transmitter it looks like a couple of other things, like the antenna, have been pulled for lack of use/function.

That said it would be very simple to wire it to a modern remote, as it is already perfectly designed for it.

The steering...thing... is functional through only a small variable resistor at the base of the short steering shaft, so easy to tap.

An r/c car trans will be perfect.

Just have to figure out the frequency.

Oh, got it.

Most of the existing r/c system is still unexplored, yesterday's goal was to get the thing running reliably and steering/tracking accurately.

This was achieved.

Victory laps around the block ftw, nobody gonna mind, I love the countryside.

:trink39:

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts

I was wondering the same thing as PA318Guy. My wife was stationed in Japan, and according to her, a half acre is palatial. I'm also surprised at how western your house looks.

·
1,850 Posts

Endless internet searching, fueled by a strong desire to get away from the urban center/beaten track and get some food growing.

The house is 30 years old, structurally sound, big happenings.

I am re-doing it inside and out, completely.

Pulling it to bits, had some company...

Rendered in balsa first, sneak preview...

:trink39:

·
1,850 Posts

Japanese garden snake, two 6-footers had been living in the ceiling above the bathroom.

They hung around for a couple weeks after their abode was removed, private snake entrance somewhere...

Sign of good luck, we got along just fine.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts

Can you give us more of an idea on this thing? Crab steering.....now that is sweet!

·
Registered
515 Posts

For a country that sells land by the foot, you have a very valuable piece of property. When I was in Japan the only snake there was the Nihon-Mamushi. Very poisonous and we were told to stay a long way away from them. I only saw one at a distance. That was near Fukuoka. Good luck with your project and thanks for the pictures.
Chris

·
Registered
1,799 Posts

All that will keep you busy for quite a while , enough land there for a good sized garden ! hope you are able to locate a few attachments/implements to put that Tractor to work for you .

1 - 20 of 204 Posts