My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided that since my shed has a wood floor and the rear blade doesn't raise high enough when going down the ramps that I'm going to keep my X500 in the garage during the winter. I have one deep bay where it will fit in front of my wife's minivan and still leave plenty of room for unloading groceries from the rear while the garage door is down. [The people who built this house had extended the third bay to accomodate an RV.] I've kept my 18 cuft steel cart in that location up till now. I thought it would be best to put down a couple tubes of sand and mark the floor where they go so that she gets a cue to stop at the correct distance. My wife walked in while I was putting the tape down.

Wife: "What are you doing that for?"

Me: "So the jury will acquit me after you hit my tractor."

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,097 Posts
Good luck with these best laid plans. FWIW, my wife is way to clever at finding ways to subvert logic, and mechanical barriers. I recommend switching parking places.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I once saw where someone hung a tennis ball from the ceiling. When their windshield touched the tennis ball they knew to stop:fing32:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the hanging tennis ball in our last house. I might do that too but the sand tubes are more reliable.

I would switch bays with her but the other two bays are too short to unload groceries with the door down. We average thirty days of subzero weather per season and bringing the groceries in at those temperatures sucks enough as it is.

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
In our garage I hung a tennis ball by a rope from the ceiling to where is just touches the windshield as a marker to stop, works very well.

·
Professional amateur!
1,003 Posts
time to install one of these... :thThumbsU

·
Registered
258 Posts
Great idea with the yellow lines and sand tube. If that doesn't work, nothing will , short of license revocation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts