My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a LONG satisfying day today! Got up around 9, made a great Ham egg and cheese English muffin sandwich with Cracker Barrel coffee (I love that my wife works there :) ). Then I went outside and took the new 48" mower deck off Jolene, and disected it to find out where the noisy parts were. Turns out one of the idler pulleys on the PTO is really noisy and the center madrel bearing was really dry, and the idler that tensions the mandrel belt was really worn out so it needed a new mandrel belt too! There was quite a bit of dirt under the cover so I blew all that out and quickly wirebrushed and painted under the cover to keep it decent for now. Took a quick ride to Tractor Supply, new belt, new idler, and back home to reassemble it. Got it all back together, about 8 squirts of grease in each mandrel, and back on Jolene. It was still a little noisy, but bearable, and wow 6" wider deck doesn't seem like you can mow faster but what a difference!! And even without gator blades, I think this deckmay mow better than my 42" with gators!

As I mowed, I piled all my leaves in small piles by mowing in circles. After I got done mowing, I tilled the garden with my now fixed up tiller (another thread coming for that), then cut it bigger with my 8" moldboard, threw all my leaves in the garden, cleaned my chimney while it was light out, burned all my cardboard, then tilled all the leaves in in the dark, loaded up my woodbox with wood, picked up the last bit of leaves and dropped those in the garden, and put all the tractors to bed, and came in for a chili dog dinner. All that by 6PM :)

Pics and video Coming soon.

oh and my back hurts :(

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Nice. I've been mowing the leaves with my Craftsman and collecting them in the bagger, then running the partially mulched leaves through the shredder section of my Troy-Bilt Super Tomahawk chipper. What comes out is brown gold for the garden.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. I've been mowing the leaves with my Craftsman and collecting them in the bagger, then running the partially mulched leaves through the shredder section of my Troy-Bilt Super Tomahawk chipper. What comes out is brown gold for the garden.
I tried to shred my leaves in the compost mill on my 18/6 but the belt rolled inside out and flipped off so I figured I would wait and get a new one before I get hurt or break something. It worked good for a minute :D

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very productive day!! These old tractors make the chores more fun. :fing32:
You're not kidding :D I was glad I got to turn over my garden finally :D

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pictures

The 3pt rototiller

Me and Jolene

Chance with the tiller- worked hard, but the low 1st is too fast on the 18/6 - And the top link on the 3point kept coming apart from vibration. Otherwise, worked fine!

Miss Emma Lee and the 8" moldboard

'nother pic of Chance

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Here are some pictures
Chance with the tiller- worked hard, but the low 1st is too fast on the 18/6
Advantage: Hydro-Trac!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Well if that isn't 100% awesomeness, I don't know what is!

:p

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Nice tractors, I have jolenes twin, I am going to try my big belt drive snowblower on it this year, when we get snow. The stacks looks good on both of them. I just recently put a stack on my '69 Sub 12, its a little rusty but I got it for $5 with the rain cap. It sounds a lot better than the round mufflers. Heres mine.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heres mine.
Thanks for the compliments! I have checked your out multiple times! I love how nice your blower looks! I need to restore most of my implements

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Thanks for the compliments! I have checked your out multiple times! I love how nice your blower looks! I need to restore most of my implements
Thanks, I just recently finished restoring it. Took about two weeks of on and off working on it, easier than I thought it was going to be, more on my snowblower resto coming in my new thread.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Hmmm looking good as always James. Once I get permission, Im gonna try and make it up before the snow flies.

Maybe next time you till, use Jolene, her lo 1st should be slower than your other Burbans

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah Jolene or Miss Emma Lee- her 1st is low because the drive pulley on the motor is smaller than original.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts