My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few acres and want to make a golf practice green so anyone have one or triedit? any tips on going about it? It seems a lot of effort/costs for a true golf green but any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
15,275 Posts
I don't play golf, but I know that bermuda bent grass is one of the preferred grasses for it in the US and you need a reel type mower to cut it...I don't know how it is kept so short without burning, but it must need a lot of water...good luck with it....this article may interest you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't play golf, but I know that bermuda bent grass is one of the preferred grasses for it in the US and you need a reel type mower to cut it...I don't know how it is kept so short without burning, but it must need a lot of water...good luck with it....this article may interest you
Thanks, I live near Seattle so I don't think Bermuda grows to well here. I'll check the article out, thanks

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
If you want just a small personal putting green rent a sod cutter, set it at various depths, scoop the area, back fill with sand and vermiculite (as used under pool liners) and top with a quality outdoor carpet or turf. The course I was a member of had a large putting green like this and the grounds keeper showed us how he made it. It had flats and undulations plus holes at various locations to cover most any putting scenario and practically zero up keep.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you want just a small personal putting green rent a sod cutter, set it at various depths, scoop the area, back fill with sand and vermiculite (as used under pool liners) and top with a quality outdoor carpet or turf. The course I was a member of had a large putting green like this and the grounds keeper showed us how he made it. It had flats and undulations plus holes at various locations to cover most any putting scenario and practically zero up keep.
Great thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts