My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Online they are now selling 2 GT5000's A Hydro and a Manual
I noticed the warranty: 2 year full, 5 year frame & front axle

Nice catch on the warranty. Take a close look at the Hydro Gt5000, it is the Excellerator. I am wondering how they increased the speed and are they as strong as before.

·
Registered
758 Posts
2009 Catalog is now online:
http://s7.sears.com/s7ondemand/broc...ig=defaultLarge&zoomwidth=1200&zoomheight=830

The GT series has 2 models (GT5000), both hydro 54" (Plus a California model without armrests?)
The Excelerator has pedal drive, the other has fender drive.
there's also the Pro series DGT9000

No notice of a DGS6500...

In other notes, I noticed Sears only recomends a 6 speed LT/YT if you have hills...

·
Registered
2,951 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,956 Posts

·
Parts Robber
171 Posts
Well Craftsman at least some good looking tractors. Can't wait to hear the diehard Snapper guys when they see that POS Murray with Snappers name on it though! I guess Briggs figured if MTD could sell junk by putting a well known and respected name on it they could do it too !:crybaby:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Man you guys have just wayy too many tractors at Sears. Here in Canada Sears sells 6..

1 Gt, 1 Yard Tractor and 4 LT's this year.
Although that Professional GT on the US site is pretty sweet looking. It does seem however that they have their rear tire sizes wrong in the specs... 23x10.5x8 hummm shouldn't that be 23x10.5x12..

http://www.sears.ca/gp/node/n/39656...sBrand=core&rh=n:396563011,n:396782011&page=1

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I think everyone would agree with you, 49. It gets confusing when you look at the spec's for 2 or 3 different model number tractors and can't find any difference between them except for the price.

I think Sears would do better offering maybe 2 different lawn, yard & garden tractors and provide different size deck options for each. As it stands now you get whatever size deck is offered on that particular model - no exceptions. Seems like they got a little pricy this year as well.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts