My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bumper is kinda cool on that one. I would think that the wheels turning THAT much would dig up the yard pretty good. Does it???

Kinda moved in the ATV world style wise
Nope. I drove it on the grass and didn't dig up any yard. Great model, lots of fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
9,956 Posts
Thanks Grapenutz. Interesting new look, some serious cosmetic changes. I bet the GT still has a K66 transmission. One thing I don't like is the fender mount shifter/speed control on the replacement for my 24hp Pro model, I much prefer my foot pedal. The new bumper is cool but I had to take mine off for the blower brackets anyway.

Now is that a ram air scoop like my old firebird had?:ROF

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
grapeknutz: It looks like some have the lever controlled hydrotranny while others have the foot pedal design. Is this an either/or option? The 24HP Pro had the lever and I think the 28HP has the foot pedal.

Any idea when these hit the stores and when the info going will be available on the Sears.com website? I thought you mentioned a Kawasaki engine being available on one the '09 machines - still going to happen or not?

Thanks for the inside peek!

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
It a zero turn cub/craftsman with a twin trans/ one trans per wheel. It been out there for a while as a cub cadet.
The front wheels act like a caster wheels
I did try it but it was raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock so I could not get it on the lawn!:fing20:
If it's the same as the Cub i-Series (I own a Cub i1050 / ZTT 50), the front wheels do not actually "caster". They stay where you aim them with the steering wheel (and will actually turn more than 90 deg). This is why this configuration is so much more stable on hills than a true ZTR (which would have casters) and why it can handle front attachments.

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If it's the same as the Cub i-Series (I own a Cub i1050 / ZTT 50), the front wheels do not actually "caster". They stay where you aim them with the steering wheel (and will actually turn more than 90 deg). This is why this configuration is so much more stable on hills than a true ZTR (which would have casters) and why it can handle front attachments.
Yes that very true! there is a linkage to the front wheels!:fing32:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Excellent grapeknutz! Do you know what transaxle they have in the new GT's?
Finally I have the answer! The trans is a Tuff Torque trans!

Also we will be one of the very few stores that will be "sorted" for these new tractors and zero turns that is shown. In fact we (the Athens store) have the honor of being number 10 in sales of non craftsman tractors (snappers, swisher, husquvarna) of all Sears stores in the nation! Not bad for a phone booth sized store! :bannana:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
grapeknutz: It looks like some have the lever controlled hydrotranny while others have the foot pedal design. Is this an either/or option? The 24HP Pro had the lever and I think the 28HP has the foot pedal.

Any idea when these hit the stores and when the info going will be available on the Sears.com website? I thought you mentioned a Kawasaki engine being available on one the '09 machines - still going to happen or not?

Thanks for the inside peek!
The trans will be a foot pedal on the pro series ( which I dont like) and some of the other models will be fender controlled.
I am still hoping that the Kawasaki is still in the mix, the associate sale video did show it!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Any idea which Tufftorq Tranny is in the Garden Tractor Series (i.e. K58, 62, 66, etc...)?

·
Got Low Range????
393 Posts
Thanks for the update and pictures. Do you have more info on the new GT? Does it have the electric lift, and is it available as a 6 speed (h/l Range)?
Thanks again,
Tony

·
Father to Triplets + 1
1,034 Posts
Looks like the GT actually had a 3 pt instead of a sleeve. I wonder if it was CAT 0 or CAT 1, manual, or electric?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Where are you, grapeknutz??? We need more info - It's not nice to tease your fellow MTF members like this!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks like the GT actually had a 3 pt instead of a sleeve. I wonder if it was CAT 0 or CAT 1, manual, or electric?
Justin - I see just the standard Sears sleeve hitch. Curious about where you saw the 3pt? This would be very surprising to me unless they have really made significant changes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I stopped in a Sears store in Peoria, IL today that had the 2009 tractors. I didn't think too much of the cosmetic changes they had made in the pictures, but I thought they looked pretty good in person.

The zero turn tractor looks much better in Craftsman red than it does in Cub Cadet yellow. If I could have gotten either of my tractors in red at the time I bought them, I would have.

They had a riding mower in stock that is a rearbag or mulch only mower. The deck doesn't have a side discharge and the bagger is built into body of the rider. I thought the new Bolens tractors were the cheapest looking riders on the market until I saw this thing. It looks awfully dissaposable.

There were two teenage salesmen in the middle of the tractors assembling a display. They pretty much ignored my brother and I for about ten minutes until I asked them a question. One of them told us they had just gotten the new tractors in and that he was afraid to approach us because he didn't know anything about them. That's pretty funny because their 2009 tractor catalog professes Sears to have highly trained associates. He did tell me that they were supposed be getting some time to play with then shortly.

·
Registered
288 Posts
According to the brochure they have three models
1. Pro 28 HP ELS B&S with EFMS (EFI?)
2. GT5000 26 HP with HYDRO, manual deck
3. Excellerator GT5000, same as above but 7.5 mph.

However the larged catalog on the podium says Item #2 is indeed a manual, I dont which one is correct, cant tell from the pics.

·
Registered
758 Posts
According to the brochure they have three models
1. Pro 28 HP ELS B&S with EFMS (EFI?)
2. GT5000 26 HP with HYDRO, manual deck
3. Excellerator GT5000, same as above but 7.5 mph.

However the larged catalog on the podium says Item #2 is indeed a manual, I dont which one is correct, cant tell from the pics.

Online they are now selling 2 GT5000's A Hydro and a Manual
I noticed the warranty: 2 year full, 5 year frame & front axle

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Sears Website now specifies that the new ZT has the Revolutionary new Infinitrak transmission.

See

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...=Lawn+Tractors&sName=Zero+Turn+Tractor+Series

and click on "Specs"

Has anyone tried it yet. The transmission is shown at the Infintrak website http://www.infinitrak.com/ttt
Infinitrak. ....wonder if that is why grapenutz was complaining about tranny noise?

For added entertainment, check out the reviews. Some guy is using his Revolution as a GT pulling a cultivater :eek:mg:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts