My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just go back from powerrama and got some pictures of some of the new stuff!

The new cub cadet re badge with a Briggs engine

new hood design back open instead of front open

The pro replacement

price points

The accelerator/garden tractor

fuel reserve valve which gives you a quart to get back to the shed when you run out of gas!

garden tractor with disk harrow

Kohler powered

Snapper 4 wheel steer !!!

Briggs oil drain tube now part of engine and the clear tube drain is gone!

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Except for the color it looks just like the Cub zero turn tractor.

·
I'll do that next.....
155 Posts
I like the hood scoop on the Pro, man that thing must fly!
Also the "Outback/backcountry/ultra bushman" bumper. That is one high tech bumper.

Thanks for the pics!

·
Banned
1,120 Posts
Looks like a decent line up. I think they will work for some people, but I got to have the older tractors, I just can't look like a rocket ship when I am not leaving the ground. :sidelaugh

·
Registered
109 Posts
looks like the decks are prety high quality

·
Just passing through
8,422 Posts
Nice pictures...contact SJ and ask for a raise...:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent grapeknutz! Do you know what transaxle they have in the new GT's?
Believe it or not I asked that question and they didn't know!!! I will get that answer and get back to you.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bumper is kinda cool on that one. I would think that the wheels turning THAT much would dig up the yard pretty good. Does it???

Kinda moved in the ATV world style wise
It a zero turn cub/craftsman with a twin trans/ one trans per wheel. It been out there for a while as a cub cadet.
The front wheels act like a caster wheels
I did try it but it was raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock so I could not get it on the lawn!:fing20:

·
Super Moderator
17,148 Posts
Introducing the New Craftsman Cadet. I agree they could have atleast changed the Hood on the Craftsman version of the I series. I see that old Murray AWS design coming back under the Snapper label. I sure hope they fixed the design on that AWS model because Murray never had good luck with it. But they do look interesting for this year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It a zero turn cub/craftsman with a twin trans/ one trans per wheel. It been out there for a while as a cub cadet.
The front wheels act like a caster wheels
I did try it but it was raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock so I could not get it on the lawn!:fing20:
I take it that plowing or blowing snow is out for those too?

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Cub Cadet ZTT can accept front attachments. There's a thread on the CubCadet forum about plowing with the iSeries
Although I though the steering wheels on the iSeries was real steering although the dual trannies do the turning work in the hard zero turn. The real steering makes for a better ride on hills..

Several commercial zero turn riders (with casters only) have front plow capabilities. The zero turn and no diff (always get power to both wheels when going straight) make for a nice plow machine in some situations, although they are not ideal HD machines in all.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I believe that Red said the Snapper 100 series is being built in the old Murray factory..

The Pro GT has a much lower price point than last year. (The "normal" DGS6500 price is/was $3200? the pro was $3500?) Or will they keep the higher price but always discount to $2800)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I take it that plowing or blowing snow is out for those too?
You really don't want to do those things with that. You would like to do that in a garden tractor, it a much better platform to work with.:fing32:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe that Red said the Snapper 100 series is being built in the old Murray factory..

The Pro GT has a much lower price point than last year. (The "normal" DGS6500 price is/was $3200? the pro was $3500?) Or will they keep the higher price but always discount to $2800)
Murrray and Snapper are both owned by Briggs and Stratton

1 - 20 of 48 Posts