My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tractor Aficionado
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone ive decided to keep the buck for the tractor but i would like to get some suggestions on ORANGE paint im buying TSC also how much should i thin it and i want a high gloss so what sand paper should i get and also what colors should i paint the bucket i was thinking black frame then the bucket it self orange just any suggestions are exepted and should i clear coat it?

·
All About Orange! Too
224 Posts
The colors most used are Case Flambaue Red, Allis Chalmers Orange and Chevy Engine Orange. The TSC paints are not the best paints out there, but they will do. They will tell you on the can what the reduction ratio should be and for a better gloss you should use their hardner. As for clear coat, I think that would be a waste of time over TSC paints. I use Case Flambeau Red in Martin Senior or Sherwin Williams automotive single stage urethane w/gloss hardner over epoxy primer. Much more money than TSC, but will outlast by a bunch. Depends on what you are looking to do.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i used tsc allis chalmers orange on mine, so far so good,i do garden work with my tractor, and will repaint if and when needed.

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
I am no expert, but here are some close ups of the AC Orange (mixed from quarts) from TSP I used on mine. I have not had it out in the sun yet (a very slow restore), so I don't know how it will hold up. Others have told me it's prone to fading if left out. No worries there, I keep everything inside.

Be advised, the AC Orange in rattle cans is a different paint code, and therefore is a slightly different clor/tone, than the quarts you mix and spray.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have painted a crane witht the tsc paint and looks good right after you paint it but 1 months later fading starts (because it is an oil base paint. P.P.G automotive paint makes a cheaper of auto paint (OMNI) with the acrylic enamel use the medium hardener and thinner when u mix it the right const. when it is mix i dip the paint stick in pain pul it out if it run in a little stream form 10 sec then drips its ready the first coat make sure u dont cover the complete tractor with paint the 1rst coat is to get a sticky coat on leave seat for 15 mins and then go put some paint on the pcs thin coats inbetween coats i let mne dry 30 min the go back at it set your psi on your gun about 25 30 and the last coat turnit up to about 50 60 psi and move fast i would gho 4-5 coats before i was done qnd the last coat add alittle more hardener in it to shine .

tom delauder jr please call me 330-843-7109

·
All About Orange! Too
224 Posts
Just for info, A friend of mine was at the Dodge County Power King reunion in Illinois this weekend. He was talking with Dan Boehmke, former engineer with Engineering Products company, and they were discussing color. Dan said "From 1963 to 1988 the only color we ordered for the tractors was J. I. Case Flambeau red. There were variations in it when we bought the paint, and we just lived with it." Interesting, must be why I like the Falmbeau Red best :)

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Good to know. I wonder why TSP does not seem to carry this color, or do they?:duh:

·
All About Orange! Too
224 Posts
They used to have it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts