My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Has anybody ever done a power steering upgrade on a Ford LGT ? Would anyone know if a kit is available for this ? I have heard of it being done on JD 316, perhaps using JD 318 parts. Would be a real asset with a loader.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Guys
Has anybody ever done a power steering upgrade on a Ford LGT ? Would anyone know if a kit is available for this ? I have heard of it being done on JD 316, perhaps using JD 318 parts. Would be a real asset with a loader.

Thanks
It would also be an asset with a snowblower as well...

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Firstgen
It would indeed be an asset. You still playing around in the Sask Snow ?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Not needed for the snowblower, But if you have a FEL it would help...

I just installed a Cub cadet supersteer upgrade and I also installed Heavy-Duty Steering Tie-Rod End

·
MTF Poster
244 Posts

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Ford LGT 165
The snow probably helps ease the steering when using the blower. Not like being in dirt ruts.
How did the supersteer work out? can you feel a difference? Have you tried or considered the king pin thrust bearings under the axel? The Cub Cadet front end piece Jack found is well worth the read. Sure helps when you have more than one person researching a problem.

Later Guys.......

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ford
I cheated, watched your video several times (thanks) before trying to deal with my own 165 Ross box. Never took it out as I didn't want to disable the tractor too long. Adjusted, but biggest help was pumping it full of grease until the cross shaft plate was well lubed.

Biggest play right now is front axel pivot. Axel moves back and forth with the drag link instead of steering the wheels. have to do something about bushings. I got a little more hobby than I bargained for but it keeps me off the street.

·
MTF Poster
244 Posts
Hey Ford,

Thanks for your video, correct, the ends are important too. Pretty straight forward, like the tip on getting the column out:fing32:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts