My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired an old Power Products push mower for free and found it to have good spark, so I set about freeing up the rings and unfortunately cracked one. It has great compression even with the broken one installed, so I wanted to reach out here to see if anyone knew where to find parts for such an old piece. My only other idea was finding a way to weld and grind down the old ring but that would be tedious and probably only short a term fix. Id like to have it running along side my 1952 Clinton next summer. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
I have had good luck with Tech/Power Products parts by finding the original part number and searching on E-Bay for it. I rebuilt my 1965 Toro Flymo Power Products/Tecumseh engine doing this? Roger

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Your rings might be here:
  • Robert Blin <[email protected]>
    To:Harry Graves

Jan 29 at 7:58 PM

i might have them , send bore dia.
    And ring thickness in fractions.
    Hide original message
    On Wed, Jan 29, 2020, 7:55 PM Harry Graves <[email protected]> wrote:
    Bob,

Any ideas where a friend of mine might find a set of rings for an old 2-cycle Power Products mower engine
    Part # AV-31 ?
  • Reply All
  • or
  • Forward
Send

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for your responses, I'll get the measurements once I get my charging system on my tractor figured out. This is currently a side project, but I'm definitely going to be getting it going. Haven't had much luck with ebay, or finding anything on this specific engine. Everything is out there on the ah47, but nothing on the av31.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts