My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, I just got a power king, not even sure what year it is. I cant find a serial # on it. It looks like an early 70's.I looked on the frame where a website told me to look but couldnt find anything. The guy i got it off of said it was an early 80's 1614 but it wasnt. Im not even sure if its a 12hp or 14hp I got it $450 cheaper though because of that but when I went to put the mower deck on, I'm missing something to hook the belt to that takes it up to the main pulley. I don't know if thats the mule drive or not. does anyone know where I could find one and possibly a mower deck also. There is a pully on the tiller attachment but it doesnt look like you can use it for the mower. I do have the pully that goes on the motor, it's just not on

Thanks

Attachments

·
Old Guy in Texas
57 Posts
Looks to be a late 60s PK, based on the sheet metal, and the hydraulic system. That one would take a spring tensioned mule drive for the mower
that went from the front fixed engine pulley down around two idlers and
to the deck, but it would take a pre-74 flat steel deck, versus the stamped steel type, though some people use the later decks with these.

Jerry H.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm betting a 1969 possibly early 1970 judging by the hood latches. They glued ID tag to tunnel in those years and it probally was lost during restore. Is the ID tag missing from the engine? That can tell the HP and year. Nice looking tractor, take care.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
It looks just like a 69 to me. The ID tag was glued to the tunnel and sometimes they got scuffed off. I relocated mine to the dashboard and that looks much better and safer there. You can see the deck in my avatar. This one is a 60" but there is also a 48" one and sometimes ebay lists them. I can take pictures of the mule drive for you this weekend if you think that would help.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I noticed that it has dual transmissions, that was a nice find! Is this your first powerking?

I wouldn't worry to much about the 12hp vs 14hp. I doubt that you could really tell a difference (seat of pants). One way that you could tell is to look on the back side of the block (it should be stamped 301 or 321 depending upon age of the motor). Of course to do this, you would have to take the bell housing off of the motor (yikes).

Another possible way, if it has the actual factory carb on the engine. I am pretty sure that they used different size jets (#) between the two motors. you would have to pull the jet needle and then look up #.

One small item, it looks like they have the seat post/mount turned around backwards.

·
Electrician
937 Posts
Here is a diagram of the mule drive you need. Its the one on the bottom. The top one is for the Jim Dandy.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice Find, I use my PK almost everyday. Don't see many or any here in Kansas. These guys know PK's from the inside out. Good Luck on your new old Tractor.:thThumbsU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts