My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking for some help/guidance on putting a power flow bagger on my stx38 black deck. This bagger system was given to me and I'd like to make it fit somehow. What i received was the bags, chute and power flow unit. In addition, I assume I would need the spindle/pulley for the belt on the power flow side and maybe some other items.

Do they make a kit for doing such a thing that includes everything I need? How would I find part numbers for what I need? Is it even possible to do on this deck? Any advice or prior experience would be great. Thanks in advance!

Registered

Doesn't show an MCS or power flow for your mower. It might be possible, but it won't be easy or cheap.

There are quite a few parts to the system and they vary per deck. Deere is also very proud of them and prices them accordingly. Since they didn't make one for your deck, you won't be able to get them from Deere directly.

Think about how much you really want a powered bagger. If it is a LOT, get a Cyclone Rake. If you want a big project for learning with no certainty of success, continue on.

You need a bracket for the deck, the arm (z-bar) that holds the PF head up, and the double pulley. The housing of the PF unit probably won't fit to your deck well, even if you can get the right z-bar that gets it the right distance away. If you have excellent fabrication skills, it is probably easy to address any issue. If not, it could be a good learning experience, or a sign that you really want a CR 馃槒

Premium Member
Depending on your skills/tools available, you probably could fabricate the bits needed to make it work.

For some Snapper walkbehinds I have, I made double-pulleys for them and then made brackets to mount Gravely blowers (similar to the Powerflow units on yours) to them. It was fairly straightforward, welding/bending/drilling metal, and I redid the work a second time so the blower opening more closely matched the height of the Snapper deck.

Registered
The smaller decks (42" and under) have had non-powered baggers. You will probably need hi-lift blades to not clog too much.

blinged out
I'm sure a pf could be custom fit to it, but the weight hanging off the side would be too much for that deck to counterbalance and the cut wouldn't be good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts