My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have the air cleaner box on it the engine surges meaning it speeds up and slows down. When the air cleaner box is off it runs fine. I already diferent air cleaners with same results. Is a governor spring issue?

Briggs

10t502
3764-B1

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Is this the briggs that has the carb on top of the fuel tank? Post up a pic if you can. Anyway if it is the diaphragm is probably needing replaced. I have never done one of these but you tube will show you how;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this the briggs that has the carb on top of the fuel tank? Post up a pic if you can. Anyway if it is the diaphragm is probably needing replaced. I have never done one of these but you tube will show you how;)
Yes carb on fuel tank. Already new diaphragm. Replaced it twice.

·
Registered
576 Posts
-Hate to ask, but did you put the diaphram on right side up? Sometimes they get put on backwards. Also it could possibly be the governor spring. I think a new one is only a couple bucks at your local dealer. Just make sure you get one that is the same color as what's on it. Just a thought...

L8R,
Matt

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-Hate to ask, but did you put the diaphram on right side up? Sometimes they get put on backwards. Also it could possibly be the governor spring. I think a new one is only a couple bucks at your local dealer. Just make sure you get one that is the same color as what's on it. Just a thought...

L8R,
Matt
I put the diaphram on the bottom/underneath of the gasket. I always done it like that. Thats how they are when I take them off.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The carb is fine except for being made out of plastic. Engine heat (especially when the cooling fins get dirty) causes the carb base to warp. That's how the diaphram usually gets damaged. Just get a new carb and get mowing. :goodl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts