My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I searched and tried to figure out how to post pictures from my cell phone with out much success, can someone walk me through how to do that. Don't worry about talking down to me as I'm old and not digital savvy and probably wouldn't understand anything else. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
13,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,537 Posts
Any way we can control the size of the pic in the post ??

·
10,208 Posts
When uploading a pic from a mobile device, it gives a display option of ‘Insert Thumbnail or Fullsize Pic’. ‘Thumbnail’ will display a smaller picture on screen. Clicking on it will display it full size.
Thumbnail
1E00DD27-C01F-46FD-8564-8758AFDE9708.jpeg
full size
BFE3787A-961E-4078-B68E-4270C7EC8A99.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I've notice that old posts I've made (prior to the forum software change) have changed to using Thumbnails, but for new posts will use whatever I select (thumbnails or full size)....

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
I suspect that was done to reduce the amount of data that needed to be moved during the conversion. Thumbnails are much smaller data elements to deal with.
Well, they still have the full-size version, as clicking on the thumbnail shows the big picture. Now, it does make it slightly cheaper to run the forum, by sending out thumbnail versions when someone requests a page, and only sending the bigger image when they click on the image (as they may not click on all the images on the page).

·
Administrator
2,267 Posts
I've notice that old posts I've made (prior to the forum software change) have changed to using Thumbnails, but for new posts will use whatever I select (thumbnails or full size)....
Its how the data copied over, it re displayed the images as a default in thumbnail.
-Philip

·
Administrator
2,267 Posts
I suspect that was done to reduce the amount of data that needed to be moved during the conversion. Thumbnails are much smaller data elements to deal with.
[/QUOTE

Well, they still have the full-size version, as clicking on the thumbnail shows the big picture. Now, it does make it slightly cheaper to run the forum, by sending out thumbnail versions when someone requests a page, and only sending the bigger image when they click on the image (as they may not click on all the images on the page).
This is possible. MTF is a pretty hearty database for sure. It looks like it all made it over though so that's a plus.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
9,537 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,537 Posts
You should be able to copy and paste an image in text, or submit it as explained above :)
Let me know if that doesn't work.

-Gerrit
I've just dropped them in text. sometimes they are the "smaller" and sometimes the "larger". I'm missing something.

·
Administrator
2,267 Posts
I've just dropped them in text. sometimes they are the "smaller" and sometimes the "larger". I'm missing something.
You should be able to edit the size of the photo as it is loading, or within 24 hours of posting. My first message in community feedback needed to be resized

-Gerrit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts