My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a quick and easy way to post pictures..

Click on TinyPic..Then add it to your bookmarks/favorites..

Click on "Browse" to find your picture on your computer, then click on "Upload Now".

When your upload is complete, highlight and copy "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

Now paste that IMG Code into the body of your post/reply Thread on MTF..Just like I did to make this post..

Thats it!!! You are done..

·
Premium Member
9,624 Posts
If you are having trouble with an APPLE.. browse will bring you back to menu, click pictures if an iPhoto just type the pics # ( i.e. 435f) highlight it and hit choose then download now then its the same as above from here. ( when you insert use paste and match style from edit) OR if you have a better way tell me!!

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
For those of you who have Windows 7, the new and upgraded Paint program is useful for sizing pictures for this forum. Just activate the paint program, open a picture, go to Resize then click on Pixels and change the first number to 600. Then save your work and presto, ready to upload. When I save my modified pictures, I use Save As and change to name to include 600x450 so that in the future I will know I have resized the pictures.

·
Retired MTF Admin
26,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For those of you who have Windows 7, the new and upgraded Paint program is useful for sizing pictures for this forum. Just activate the paint program, open a picture, go to Resize then click on Pixels and change the first number to 600. Then save your work and presto, ready to upload. When I save my modified pictures, I use Save As and change to name to include 600x450 so that in the future I will know I have resized the pictures.
Good tip BigD :thanku:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I cannot get my pictures From microsoft 2000 File, to go to MFT I have A 1501 Inspiron dell With Windows XP, My pictures are On the computer. Have sized them to Post card size. I can post Them on C/L with no problem But I can't get them to post on MTF.I tryed Typing In this tiny picture thing And nothing good happened so I gave Up; Help me if you can. Thanks

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
I cannot get my pictures From microsoft 2000 File, to go to MFT I have A 1501 Inspiron dell With Windows XP, My pictures are On the computer. Have sized them to Post card size. I can post Them on C/L with no problem But I can't get them to post on MTF.I tryed Typing In this tiny picture thing And nothing good happened so I gave Up; Help me if you can. Thanks
Not really sure if this will work on Windows XP or not, but try going to your picture you are trying to upload to the forum and just hold the cursor over the picture. Don't click on the picture, but just hold the cursor over it for a second or three. See if a picture information box pops up. If it does, check the picture size. If the picture is a Jpeg, it needs to be smaller than 144.5 KB. With digital cameras taking better and better pictures these days in the MB sizes, the pictures are larger and larger. Even if you have sized them to post card size, they still may be over the KB size limit.

Maybe someday the forum's will have an automatic resizer built in to them so you don't have to perform this resize ourselves.:trink39: But till then we are stuck with trying to resize pictures from ever larger and larger picture sizes.

These pictures are just goofing off pictures I just posted to make sure what I just said really does work!
Good luck and be safe

Attachments

·
Central Kentucky
1,245 Posts
How on earth did you ever dig that old post up?

Goats were funny. They escaped from a neighbor's boys 4-H project and they just loved our flower gardens. Originally I had no idea where they came from and keeping them from eating our colorful vegetation down to the bare dirt, was a full time job. So I called the local sheriff. He came out and said "what do you want me to do about them?" I said "I don't know, obviously these guys are on the lamb, maybe you could take them downtown and grill them". He laughed so loud the goats came over and we were able to catch one and examine its tag to find the goats home.

Ahh, life is good...................and tasty :sidelaugh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts