My Tractor Forum banner

481 - 500 of 501 Posts

·
The Grand Illusion
448 Posts
Congrats. Great looking setup. Wish I had the bagger for my leaves.
Thanks. The bagger was not an option, it was a must have. I actually got it in 2018 but haven't been here in a while so I thought I'd jump back in.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very nice, it's looking good! You even changed the front tires, from the looks of things? Interesting picture, too.

Thanks for showing the Johnny Bucket mount without the bucket, that helps see the mount a bit better. The plates that slip into the frame look pretty thick.

What's the item at the brake pedal? Did you add something to limit how far the pedal comes up? Or maybe mine is just missing something. That looks like an interesting idea, though, if that's what it's for. That pedal does come up pretty far, at least on mine.
Yes, the rear tires are Carlisle and the front are 350 Mag from Amazon

The Johnny Bucket parts in general are definitely heavy duty and overbuilt. Never worry about the B stuff holding up.

Ha...the thing near the black. This is my cheesy homemade mount for a third party soft cab that I bought and will be replaced by the OTC cab. This cab didn't fit quite right and I fashioned some mounts that I left on over the summer. Nothing nearly as sophisticated as you are suggesting :)

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Very nice! I've never used a tractor blower, just my walk-behinds. My current used Ariens actually came with a cab, but I sold that, and didn't get a chance to try it. People say the tractor cabs are really nice. I'm sure they must help a lot if it's really cold and/or windy.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Now that is serious! That's interesting to see, thanks. Though stacking it that high would make me a bit concerned about raising the tractor's CoG, and maybe making it more likely to tip.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
That's awesome! I hope it helps. I was quickly doing the math the other day, to see much constant electrical load my tractor could power.

It's a 25A alternator on mine (I'd imagine on yours as well, I think the GS is 15A, since no power steering or deck lift), which is around 330W. But it still needs to run the headlights (my LEDs are about 1.2A total), and the power steering.

So the heater probably can't be sized for toasting marshmallows without running the battery down, but still, it'll be a nice feature!

And if you needed more, and were willing to recharge the battery between uses, you could either add a second battery, and another 12V-powered heater, or just run it off the main battery, which might be discharging when using the full heating output. Looking on Amazon, you can get a bunch that are 150W, and plug into a cigarette lighter. You'd have to change the plug to connect it, of course.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's awesome! I hope it helps. I was quickly doing the math the other day, to see much constant electrical load my tractor could power.

It's a 25A alternator on mine (I'd imagine on yours as well, I think the GS is 15A, since no power steering or deck lift), which is around 330W. But it still needs to run the headlights (my LEDs are about 1.2A total), and the power steering.

So the heater probably can't be sized for toasting marshmallows without running the battery down, but still, it'll be a nice feature!

And if you needed more, and were willing to recharge the battery between uses, you could either add a second battery, and another 12V-powered heater, or just run it off the main battery, which might be discharging when using the full heating output. Looking on Amazon, you can get a bunch that are 150W, and plug into a cigarette lighter. You'd have to change the plug to connect it, of course.
It is a good point. In South Central PA, it is not exactly the arctic circle so I'll probably just use it occasionally. For the last two years, I've used another cheap soft cab (with poor fit) and my body heat alone made it pretty comfortable. The OTC is such a nice tight fit, I suspect it will be very comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
7,318 Posts
Unloading a little dirt with the 3240

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
149 with a 551 snowblower. Moves some serious snow.
Welcome to the forum! Very nice setup! Looks like you combined a newer blower with a different generation tractor, did you have to modify things to get them to mate up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it took some modification. The blower clips right on to the 149, but the pulleys are in the wrong place plus the 551 uses a 5/8 belt. I added 4 pulleys with custom machined spacers turned on the lathe and a new pulley on the blower and it worked out good. I had to modify the lift mechanism a little bit, but I've been running this setup for about 8 years now. It's a big improvement over the QA blowers. They work well, this just throws more snow farther.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
First brand new tractor, first Cub Cadet. Had two used Craftsmen that didn't last more than a couple years each.

Very nice, enjoy it! It must be a nice change, to start with new equipment. My stuff is generally all used. Take care of it, and hopefully it will take care of you.

What are the two hand levers on the right? I assume one is deck height, but curious about the second.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice, enjoy it! It must be a nice change, to start with new equipment. My stuff is generally all used. Take care of it, and hopefully it will take care of you.

What are the two hand levers on the right? I assume one is deck height, but curious about the second.
Thanks! Yeah, one is deck height and the other is just the PTO engagement.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Oh, gotcha, thanks. On my Craftsman, the deck engagement lever was on the dashboard, so I guess I'm used to thinking of it being up there.

481 - 500 of 501 Posts