My Tractor Forum banner

441 - 460 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Welcome to the forum! They look great. Can I ask if you maybe have a closer picture of the trailer ball mount on the newer machine? I just have the ball bolted through the implements-attaching hole, but am curious to learn about other/better means of mounting them.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Reactions: Mudyapster

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think you deserve the "iron rear" award for XT3 mowing Don. I think I'm ~85 hrs after 2 years and it had 12 on it when I got it.
Mine had .1 on it. For the iron rear I have a great solution here are pics of my solution and it has made a world of difference for the better.
20200606_093603.jpg
20200606_093458.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Yes Sir no need to raise up off the seat and kill the PTO. LOL
See more benefits than just a cushion. You need one of these I'm telling you there great.
Between that cushion and my suspension seat I might fall asleep mowing I'd be so comfortable lol.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
With my stereo ear buds, ice chest, now my cushion there is only 1 more thing to add. Pull my trailer with the generator to power a window unit A/C. Blow that cold air right on my back.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
With my stereo ear buds, ice chest, now my cushion there is only 1 more thing to add. Pull my trailer with the generator to power a window unit A/C. Blow that cold air right on my back.
Rig 3 duct hoses up--one up each pant leg, 1 up the shirt.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Thanks. Here's my latest Cub Cadet. Picked up a #4 International cart yesterday for $45. 1000lb capacity. Has a 1" axle. Surface rust only, no holes.
View attachment 2461351 View attachment 2461352 View attachment 2461353 View attachment 2461354
Nice find Randy. Tractor Supply carrys all the Cub Cadet rattle cans of paint colors. Case you need some.
All my stickers are coming off my Cub XT3GSX I'm about to be incognito. Wonder if I can get new stickers under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Nice find Randy. Tractor Supply carrys all the Cub Cadet rattle cans of paint colors. Case you need some.
All my stickers are coming off my Cub XT3GSX I'm about to be incognito. Wonder if I can get new stickers under warranty.
Yeah, I painted my bucket with the TSC Majic Cub yellow. Took a week to dry. Whan i paint this trailer I will do it with my touch up gun and use hardener in it. I may use the Majic paint in the quart can. Hopefully it will harden up better than the rattle cans.

Don't know on the stickers. I can't even find them for sale on Partstree.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I hear you, empliment paint does take a long time to dry. I painted that battery plate on my JD5083 and it took 3 days in direct Texas sun to dry. I painted my front gate yesterday with Implement paint and it still felt tacky this evening and it has been baking 2 days in 100 degree Texas sun so I know what you mean but it's tough paint once cured.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice cart! I've been using my utility trailer as a big yard trailer. Which works, but especially when it's heavy with dirt, the tires make depressions in the yard, even in dry conditions. That's kind of a bummer.

I can see the benefit of something a little smaller, maybe with wider tires (which that looks to have), in terms of avoiding yard damage, and also being easier to maneuver. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
Nice cart! I've been using my utility trailer as a big yard trailer. Which works, but especially when it's heavy with dirt, the tires make depressions in the yard, even in dry conditions. That's kind of a bummer.

I can see the benefit of something a little smaller, maybe with wider tires (which that looks to have), in terms of avoiding yard damage, and also being easier to maneuver. Enjoy!
Thanks. My other cart is shorter than my loader bucket so I couldn't fill it with the tailgate on. This one will get used heavily as I'm still moving dirt out of my back yard and I have a 50ft stone walkway to build come fall.

441 - 460 of 473 Posts