My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have information on a post hole digger for a small CUT. I have on order a JD 2305 and would like to put some arbs in the ground with it.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Mayor, did you check out the smartfarmer site ?, he has one on the front page ?. Some of our other advertisers may too, not sure :)

:goodl:

·
Old Guy With Old Toys
1,178 Posts
I have a Howse with an 9 inch auger. Works great. I run the pto slow, let the weight of the unit do the work.
ray

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mayor said:
Any one have information on a post hole digger for a small CUT. I have on order a JD 2305 and would like to put some arbs in the ground with it.

I have sold quite a few of these units to go on the JD 2305 and older 2210 series. These PHD's work great with lower HP tractors. You will just need to make sure and keep an eye on your thermostat and make sure you do not overwork your tractor. Check out the link and if you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

http://www.thesmartfarmer.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=L7200JR

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
thesmartfarmer said:
I have sold quite a few of these units to go on the JD 2305 and older 2210 series. These PHD's work great with lower HP tractors. You will just need to make sure and keep an eye on your thermostat and make sure you do not overwork your tractor. Check out the link and if you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

http://www.thesmartfarmer.com/ViewProduct.asp?ModelNumber=L7200JR
Looks like a good price Nick :fing32:

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer gave me a price on a PHD for my tractor (PHD25) $925.00. This unit is a WOODS PHD. Any idea why this is so much? The PHD is 9in wide and 30in tall auger.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mayor said:
The dealer gave me a price on a PHD for my tractor (PHD25) $925.00. This unit is a WOODS PHD. Any idea why this is so much? The PHD is 9in wide and 30in tall auger.

I know that I am a lopsided opinion but even if you do not buy from my company I will tell you what I think of the products. The Leinbach Line PHD is made in NC and is is held to very high standards, just because it can be sold cheaper than any other model does not mean that it is an inferior product. The woods phd has the same type gearbox with around the same HP rating (depending on which one he quoted you). For 925 he has probably quoted their standard digger which has less HP rating than that of the Leinbach. The only thing that I can complain about on the Leinbach VS. the woods, is that the woods has a better paint job.

Like always if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like a great deal on your PHD. As for the paint I will make it JD green so I don't really care about that. Have to do a little more investigating and check with the boss (wife). Thanks for the information. You are the smart farmer!

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
We sell the Bush Hog 2101with a 9" auger for 975 and is rated for tractors for under 40hp. Has a cat 1 d/shaft. Very tough.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Just found out a little more information on the Leinbach vs. Woods and Land Pride PHD's; The Leinbach's gearbox rating is more than both those models!! The warranty rate is less on the Leinbach and it is made here at home.

·
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still want one. I am just waiting for a few items to sell and then we can talk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what would the frieght be to katy tx 77493 and what frieght line do you use ? thanks Allen (sorry for getting back to you so late I have had this sinus problem i couldnt shake )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts