My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
My dad had a Midland from late 50s that looked like a praying mantis. I have no pictures of it however.

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
Here is a '50s Fairbanks-Morse mower that I dug up.
I like that, Dave, those side pieces remind me of pontoons. That would be a cool machine to have restored up on a shelf. Great find. :thThumbsU

Here are a couple of mine.

1959 Eclipse Speedway, weighs 485 pounds dry without the sulky. Has a self-sharpening attachment feature that spins the reel in reverse that's kind of cool.

1947 Jacobsen Lawn King 2 stroke - the most fun mower I've ever operated. It becomes your "friend" while you mow. :tango_face_smile:

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Lets post some pictures of the oddest looking or rarest tractor or mower seen.
Lets see some stuff that's not seen everyday... I'll start with this one.
A Mustang was up for sale on FB today and quickly sold. $275 asking price.

I found this trike reel mower when searching for a pic of the Mustang as it was removed already.

Attachments

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,025 Posts
You did say oddest right? For sure not mine...........:sidelaugh

. ugly Ford.JPG

·
Registered
412 Posts
from the Northwest antique power show, Kalispell Montana

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Is that National pulling a self powered flail mower?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
My uncle built himself a four wheel drive tractor. Keep in mind, this was about 1958. He used two rear axles from two old tractors that had tires. The first test of it that I remember was during a flood shortly after. It was winter and the river was the highest ever. By my uncle’s house, the road, Ohio Route 66 in Northwest Ohio, made a bend to the East because of the river. A truck driver started into the water and went maybe 100 yards before stopping and abandoned his truck. The river kept rising until the water was an inch below the cab door on the semi. It sat there for days until the water started to recede. When the water was back down to the running boards, they decided to get it out. There was a 6 foot bank to the left of the tractor, but 30 yards ahead was a driveway up onto it. The drive was used to access a farm field. It was decided that the semi truck could make it across the fields to a gravel country road with the help of a strong tractor which is where my uncle’s tractor came into the picture, pulling the truck up the sloped driveway and across the field, navigating a fence row, nearly 1/8 of a mile to the gravel road. We always were amazed - the truck driver stopped on the highest part of the road. He had planned to go straight ahead, but stopped. All that lay before him was water, straight ahead and to the right. About 40 yards ahead, maybe 10 yards past the drive used to get the truck out, the road bent back to the right and the level of the field straight ahead dropped 8-10’. No doubt the driver could easily have saved his life by stopping. Took a lot of time for all that water to go away.

Hadn’t thought about that in a long time

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
One of the strangest tractors I have seen was a Gibson, fellow I know has two of them. Just a frame, four wheels, a seat and an engine with two sticks for controls. It looks home made but they were actually sold in the 50's.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts