My Tractor Forum banner

601 - 620 of 823 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

The last snowfall was about five inches of very light snow so I raked it all together to fill the blower better. It handled it very well.

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts

The last snowfall was about five inches of very light snow so I raked it all together to fill the blower better. It handled it very well.
Ok so instead of shoveling the snow to the side you shoveled to the center of the drive so you could use your tractor? :sidelaugh You have to admire a man that wants seat time that much!:trink39:

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
A little late in this thread but here is one of our machines. This is "Ed" named after our neighbor who owned him prior to us. Ed passed and his wife sold me his pride and joy of their cabin up north. 1970 Jacobsen 1200 Super Chief Hydro. Single stage blower weight box (home made) on the back with chains. As you can see he has no problem with the snow in our area. We changed the oil greased it up and greased and checked the Hydro fluid and belts. Greased and oiled the blower and checked the bearings. Thanks for asking to see "Ed"..:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi
Here is my blower clear a path to the bird feeders. Earlier I cleared a path to the bush so the ATV's could get out there. You can see how deep the drifts were that we cut through. The JD4100 and 47" blower works great. It didin't help much since once we inside the trails were hard going. I didn't dare take the tractor in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
Here's my get up:

Here's the impeller freshly cooled after welding (The center shaft broke off from the assembly:

Auger assembly:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Do you have a closer picture of the auger gear box?
I don't have any other pictures. :sorry1:

How did the shaft broke?
I was clearing some of the serious snow at the end of the driveway by my mailbox. All of a sudden it seemed like the chute was clogged. I shut down and unclogged the chute but it was actually because the welds let go. The snow blower has been in service for me since winter 2007-2008 and I do have a gravel driveway that leads to a paved private drive so I guess it's not so bad. I bought a new impeller to keep on the shelf and some new roll pins in case my welded impeller assembly fails again.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Here's one of mine. Use it only for emergencies. Had to fire it up after about 6 years of inactivity. A little points filing and the ol' girl roared to life.

1966 or '67 Simplicity model W walking tractor with single stage blower attachment. Cast iron block Briggs 8 h.p. with starter/generator.

·
Super Moderator
12,809 Posts
Here's one of mine. Use it only for emergencies. Had to fire it up after about 6 years of inactivity. A little points filing and the ol' girl roared to life.

1966 or '67 Simplicity model W walking tractor with single stage blower attachment. Cast iron block Briggs 8 h.p. with starter/generator.

Neat old tractor. It looks like it's in great shape.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thanks, Dave. I've had it about 20 years. It doesn't get too much usage.

I got it out of a junkyard. Junkman's dad bought about 10 of these at auction from the Philadelphia Gas Works. They were in an old U-Haul covered moving truck in his junkyard. After inquiring about price, I landed the ol' girl for $150. I rebuilt the carb, filed the points, and she started right up. Nice solid engine. No smoke or noises. This girl is a real beast. I guess Simplicity was trying to mimic Gravely's "L" series.

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,677 Posts
Hi
Here is my blower clear a path to the bird feeders. Earlier I cleared a path to the bush so the ATV's could get out there. You can see how deep the drifts were that we cut through. The JD4100 and 47" blower works great. It didin't help much since once we inside the trails were hard going. I didn't dare take the tractor in there.
Nice!! What model ATV's are those??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi
The one is a 1997 Honda TR300FW 4WD with about 6,200km on it. That is the one I ride.
The other is a 2004 Bombardier (Cam-Am) Outlander 400 4WD with about 4,280km on it. She gets that one since it is an automatic.
I am trying to convince her that I need a Outlander 500 since it has better snow/mud clearance. So far I'm not doing to well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
this is my second winter in the new house and this will be my first time using a snow plow tractor , i have always had a lawn tractor but never bought the plows for them , just used the snow blower and shovel ......i got this little guy for free this year , just need to put on the snow chains and rear weights ....the snow is almost here in chicago were starting to get some frozen rain so looking foward to a little plowing action even the lady asked me " can i do a little plowing with it that looks like fun " LOL :trink39:

Attachments

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,967 Posts
Nice unit there Dexter! Looks a LOT like my 160 with its blade... Just curious tho, on my 160, I've got a left hand and a right hand brace that run from the blade mount back to the rear mounts for the mower.... I didn't SEE that on your pic, but when I went to check the JD Parts Catalog they only list a Right Hand brace... Have you got one on that side? What's up with the 111 that you couldn't put a brace on the left? I got told when I first put my blade on and didn't think I needed the braces that they were pretty important to keep the blade mount from bending, so I can't understand why there'd only be one.... Here's the image from the parts catalog so you know what I'm babbling on about (its part #16)

601 - 620 of 823 Posts