My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just aquired a Lawnboy 8480 that is in mint condition. The paint is in perfect condition and is all original and very shiney. Almost looks new and looks as though it hasn't been used much. I just got done detailing it last night.

I am thinking of selling it on ebay, but I thought I would run it past you guys first. If anybody is at all interested, pm me offline and we can possibly work something out. I am interested in cash or trades also. I would like to get a 10550, 10552, 10547 or something similar. Let me know what you think of it or if you might be interested in it. Thanks

·
JD318
990 Posts
Nice shape! What do you use to detail your mowers, as I'd like to do some of mine?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a pressure washer, Porter-Cable polisher and wax.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
Wow, that is a clean machine. I don't have much interest in it, but I'm sure someone here will.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a few people interested, but I haven't given a price until now.

Because of it's condition, I'd like to get $250 for it or comparable trade or trade plus cash. It's probably worth more, but I would let it go for that.

PM me offline if interested.

Thanks

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
I have one just like yours! I got it from Toroboy last June when I was up in Madison. They are fine mowers, mine too is mint, I love that suck, pop sound a new F series engine has. It was supposed to go to my daughter in Madison but was rejected when she learned of my self-propelled LB with a 4.5hp Tecumseh. Now she complains that it doesn't have the power to cut the heavy spring grass! Oh well, you can lead them to water ....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thats the same thing as mine. I had 2 of them but gave one to the neighbor and he just loves it. Mine are more used but still very good. This one looks brand new out of the box. They were kind of a heavy lawnmower despite the aluminum deck but they were very good. You cant go wrong with one of these unless you need great meneuverability. They are a little clumsy in tight spots. Thats why I have the White and in the older days the Jacobson.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have the push model, which seems to be seldomly seen for some reason. I love it.

-dave

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Why did they put the shroud on sideways on these mowers?
Who knows, maybe the LB engineer had a bad day, or more likely "marketing" had something to do with it, they mow just fine though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Those decks were designed initially for the suburban models with the F engine and plastic shroud/fuel tank such as the 8125. The metal shroud was designed for the commercial F models on staggered decks. All F's on staggered decks are positioned such that the cylinder faces right-rear. On this deck, the engine faces right-front. As we all know, the position of the engine dictates which way the shroud will face. Rather than alter the position of the engine in order to make the shroud face forward, it was surely easier to just put a new "face" on the metal shroud for those later models.

Looks a little goofy though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those decks were designed initially for the suburban models with the F engine and plastic shroud/fuel tank such as the 8125. The metal shroud was designed for the commercial F models on staggered decks. All F's on staggered decks are positioned such that the cylinder faces right-rear. On this deck, the engine faces right-front. As we all know, the position of the engine dictates which way the shroud will face. Rather than alter the position of the engine in order to make the shroud face forward, it was surely easier to just put a new "face" on the metal shroud for those later models.

Looks a little goofy though.
That makes sense. If the engine was facing right-rear, you wouldn't be able to access the plug because of the deck design with the rear discharge. The tip of the plug would probably interfere with the deck.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It is a very heavily built unit. I have never broken a part on either one and I used both of them pretty heavily. Very good mowers like I said except if you need ultimate menuverability. Tough engines too.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had some interest in the mower, but am still waiting for some replys from PM's that I sent. I would like to sell this soon, so if you have any interest at all in making me an offer, I would like to hear from you. I will budge on the price if somebody is interested in making me an offer.

If you are on the edge and need more time, that's fine too, but let me know. If not, I will be listing it on ebay if I do not hear from you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bruce,

Make me an offer.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
How low are you willing to go? It doesn't interest me THAT much, but you wouldn't have to ship it. I'm not trying to be a jerk here either...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts