My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a large deer package this weekend, and I just unloaded it from the trailer tonight. It was the original owner who bought it new in 1971 with several attachments for this H1. I think it even has the rear PTO on it but can't see it very well. Mind you I own 3 H3's from pre and post 30,000 vintage, but I pulled the type and serial number off of this H1 and it says T0581 031580M. When you run this on the registry it says it is a 1968 model, but everything on the tractor screams a post 30,000 vintage like a 1971 model. It has the newer rear end, dual brakes, voltage regulator mounted low on the tower, and it even has a mint hood and front light bezel with the dual front lights.

So my question is, did they reuse the Type Indicator on the serial number plates between the H1's and H3's, or between pre and post 30,000 serial number vintage? I am confused as the owner said he pulled it right off the JD lot in 1971 and has all the original manuals and brochures for everything with it, and more importantly that all he has done was fuel it up and change the oil since. What do I have here folks?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nada, the only thing special about it is the fact it came from the original owner. That's rare considering most older GT's have been passed around a few times.

·
Super Moderator
18,659 Posts
I picked up a large deer package this weekend, and I just unloaded it from the trailer tonight. It was the original owner who bought it new in 1971 with several attachments for this H1. I think it even has the rear PTO on it but can't see it very well. Mind you I own 3 H3's from pre and post 30,000 vintage, but I pulled the type and serial number off of this H1 and it says T0581 031580M. When you run this on the registry it says it is a 1968 model, but everything on the tractor screams a post 30,000 vintage like a 1971 model. It has the newer rear end, dual brakes, voltage regulator mounted low on the tower, and it even has a mint hood and front light bezel with the dual front lights.

So my question is, did they reuse the Type Indicator on the serial number plates between the H1's and H3's, or between pre and post 30,000 serial number vintage? I am confused as the owner said he pulled it right off the JD lot in 1971 and has all the original manuals and brochures for everything with it, and more importantly that all he has done was fuel it up and change the oil since. What do I have here folks?
You can't trust the registry over On WFM because It's Not Entirely accurate I have a 69 112 and It says It does not exists By the Machine Code I have On it:thThumbsU

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can't trust the registry over On WFM because It's Not Entirely accurate I have a 69 112 and It says It does not exists By the Machine Code I have On it:thThumbsU
Yea I know how to enter them in there as all my other numbers work for my other H3's. So maybe it is a system error as it appears it will only consider the first 4 numbers of my serial number instead of all 5 numbers and I think that is why it is coming back as a 1968 model.

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Still... no pictures??? :D

·
Green Team !!!
468 Posts
Hello Tanner,

Here ya go, its simple.........

If you remove the first "0" from 031580M and enter it in the registry, it recognizes that you have serial number 31580M rather than 03158 which is the 1968 model.

So with that said here is what it shows, and don't forget to register the new to you 1971 !!

Model: 140
Typecode: T0581
Serial Number: 31580
Model Year: 1971
Engine Model and Size: K321 Kohler 14HP
Lift Type: Hydraulic 1 Lever
Paint: Green
Manufactured Location: Horicon, WI

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I need to talk to my eye doctor. I can't see the pictures.
Yeah where are the pics of this load of treasure that you scored!!!:hide:

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
By the way where are your new pics?
:dunno: I don't know you tell me. Wait a sec, we are talking about you here not me. :tsk:

·
Super Moderator
44,882 Posts
Sounds like we have a couple of members holding out on the eye candy......can this be? Both of you have been here long enough to know that I have to do this...... :wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp::wwp: :wwp: :wwp:

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tanner you tease. You have time to chit chat on here but not take 1 picture for us?
You all are like a bunch of whiny old women. You will get the pictures when you get the pictures....:howdy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.