My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys think this is worth it, I'll get some prices and photos.
Meanwhile, may I present...

The Redneck HEPA Air Cleaner....

This does pretty much the same thing as those really expensive models, and the cost is minimal. The highest-cost item will be the air filter, unless you don't have a spare box fan sitting around. Best of all is that you can see when the air filter needs replacing, and it doesn't cost $40 like some of them.

I put this together for my outbuilding where I have my model railroad, and I've found since that my allergies just don't bother me much out there. I initially threw it together because I was forever having problems with dust, and the dust was driving me crazy. The dust we get here is relentless, especially since it's driven by the winds...

PARTS:
Box fan, square, with an overall outside dimension of just less than 20 inches
3M Anti-Allergy Air Filter from the hardware store
Two bungy cords, about 36 inches long

ASSEMBLE:
Put the air filter on the discharge side of the fan, making sure to pay attention to the airflow arrow on the side. Wrap bungy cords around fan and hook on each other to hold the air filter in place.

Put the fan on a lamp timer to save juice or just let it go if you don't mind it running all the time. Takes a few days to really start cleaning up the air if it's on a timer.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,948 Posts
:wwp::wwp::wwp: :D

·
Make Smoke, Boil Water!
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wwp::wwp::wwp: :D
You got em!! :thThumbsU

Please see the submission in the Working Area... :dancingpa

:sorry1: for the delay - I had been working on the logistics for my nephew to help build the garden surround lattice. Hope to have a new post showing how nice the project turned out. Also hope to have a couple snaps of the new pergola.:thThumbsU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts