My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an add for an old John Deere 210 with a bad motor. The seller wants to package the sale with a Cub Cadet 2135 (has a Kohler command 12.5HP that is running). The seller suggests that this motor should fit into the 210.

Had anyone done a motor replacement on a John Deere 210? For $150, is this worth the headache? Of course it's a John Deere, but is not one of the top older models if I am correct.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
It would be a crap shoot to say the motor would FIT,it might set in the tractor BUT the size of the crank might be different as JD in some cases use a larger crank end then some others,some of the Kohler oil pans are different,not saying it won't work but the Kohler motor might be repairable if the block is not broken.
The 210 is a respectable tractor,it will mow good and do other things it was designed to do,most of them need new belts and the variator tuned up.Good luck.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I was concerned with those exact same things. I guess I got enough on my plate with my 316 rebuild, I don't need 2 junkers sitting around my house. Just hate to see a potential good deal go to waste.

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts