My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 28" long 3/8" diameter rod for $2 today and used it to replace the manual chute crank.

I used my dremel with a sanding stone to square up the end and then I attached my cordless drill to the end of the shaft.

Presto! An automatic chute rotator for 2 bucks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
And to you sir, I doft my cap. Good idea.

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Bah... you beat me to it! I bought a 12v cordless drill cheap (I think $20) for just this purpose. Still sitting on the workbench in my garage, waiting to be installed.

And for a lot cheaper too. Well, maybe not, you already had the drill.

By the way, I did later find a used power window lift motor (also 12v) for a few bucks at a fair, so actually I plan to use that now.. a lot more compact and lighter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eventually, I'll go that route too. There's an excellent thread by EricDube that details how he did that.

I just need to find the time to do it.

Bah... you beat me to it! I bought a 12v cordless drill cheap (I think $20) for just this purpose. Still sitting on the workbench in my garage, waiting to be installed.

And for a lot cheaper too. Well, maybe not, you already had the drill.

By the way, I did later find a used power window lift motor (also 12v) for a few bucks at a fair, so actually I plan to use that now.. a lot more compact and lighter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought a 28" long 3/8" diameter rod for $2 today and used it to replace the manual chute crank.

I used my dremel with a sanding stone to square up the end and then I attached my cordless drill to the end of the shaft.

Presto! An automatic chute rotator for 2 bucks!
Do you have pictures of this setup?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts