My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So long story short, I brought my 1025R in for some service a week ago. I got a call yesterday it was ready and I told them I’d come today (Tuesday) to pick it up.

I pulled up with my truck and trailer and went to the service area. I saw my tractor in the yard in the back and noticed a service guy jump on it. I was assuming he was getting ready to bring it out to my trailer but thought it was odd since I had just pulled up. I then walk by and go inside to pay for the service. As I walked in I noticed they were using MY tractor to clear some snow piles in THEIR yard. I have no idea how long they were using it today but this is unacceptable.

I actually was already in the process of trading mine in for a new 1025 or 2025. I even have all the numbers figured out with a sales guy and I just need to sign the deal. but now I have virtually no trust with this dealer.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was just an oil and filter change and also both fuel filters. Nothing mechanically was wrong with the machine.

I should add they have a lot of large tractors and skid steers on site. In my opinion they just happened to use my machine since it was convenient.

· Super Moderator
46,932 Posts
It was just an oil and filter change and also both fuel filters. Nothing mechanically was wrong with the machine.

I should add they have a lot of large tractors and skid steers on site. In my opinion they just happened to use my machine since it was convenient.
Then I would agree with you, they should have their own machine for that.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I did talk to them and one of the service guys went outside and told them to stop. I didn’t want to create a scene but I’m waiting on the sales guy (also former owner of the dealership) to give me a call. Still no call or email as of yet…

· Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Customer service, it's real good when your buying, so so once you leave the lot.

CCMoe

Reactions: LukeL

· Administrator - We’re all friends here
16,960 Posts
With no mechanical repairs that's just bad business. Talk to the current owner. He may not be aware that his employees are doing this.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I think they have a branch manager that I will contact. The dealership was bought out a couple years ago and it seems things have gone downhill. Part of a huge chain now of 30 or so locations. I’ve usually had a good experience with them before.

· Registered
4,186 Posts
Your working on a trade and you have a problem with them seeing if everything is OK?

I can't imagine taking a SCUT in for such simple service to a dealer anyway. Just hauling it here is more time consuming than just doing the work.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They were not testing it as part of the trade. The new machine I want would need to be ordered and it’s about 2 months out so they would do the valuation and test the trade etc. when the new machine arrives.

Also the dealer is only 10 minutes from me and I don’t have the time to mess with all these things in an unheated garage.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts