My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I want to clean up around this pond. I'd like to weed-eat and also possibly remove the bushs/trees in the pictures. Is there a way to weed-eat a pond with out making a mess in the pond and what about removing these bushes??

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
So, I want to clean up around this pond. I'd like to weed-eat and also possibly remove the bushs/trees in the pictures. Is there a way to weed-eat a pond with out making a mess in the pond and what about removing these bushes??
For some reason I'm not seeing any pictures. Is it me? Can others see them?

·
10,825 Posts
Ooh! Another implement for the tractor! Sickle mower!

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Grassland Agricultural machinery

You would have to remove any trees or large shrubs by hand, the sickle is for mowing around it after that is done. It looks as if the edge of the pond has a sharp drop off. If it too steep, a weed wacker is the only option.

Unless

you were to pull back the dirt from the edge of the pond to make a gradual slope to the water. Which would be susceptible to erosion, creating the same edge once again if you were to just let it go. If you had it seeded right away, and got it growing, you would probably end up with a nice green area right to the water. You would also make it easily accessible for a vehicle by virtue of a 'whoops'.

If you wanted to try and reshape it, you could take the cutting edge of the bucket, tipped down, and stab into the bank. Try to loosen it up slightly. Then pull out, raise the bucket, go over and past it, and then backdrag it out of there. Once again, as with your other project, it would take a considerable amount of time with your CUT. But if you were to do this, a large back blade would come in handy once again, to level out the soil you pull back.

Grass Soil Grass family Tree Adaptation

Wait a darn minute. Does the dozer run? :banghead3:banghead3:banghead3

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,256 Posts
I cut down and maintain my small pond bank w/a wheel Horse 876 & 50' sicklebar mower.
Does a real good job.
As said, the debris will fall into the pond but it'll sink in no time.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.