My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a 2305 and was wondering if anyone knew what would be the biggest plow that this tractor could pull. My neighbor has an old 2 bottom that he said was 16"? Anyway, I tried it and it really struggled. couldnt put it in the ground all the way. Is there a 2 bottom that this tractor will pull, or do I need to look for a 1 bottom? If so, what specs should I be looking for?

~JD

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
joedirt2305, first of all welcome to MTF! I am not sure about plow and could not find it in the implement brochure anywhere. Im sure others will chime in soon.:MTF_wel:

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
joe,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: I've never pulled a 2 bottom plow, but the first question that comes to mind, were you in low-range? :)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
joedirt2305

John Deere shows a single moldboard (Frontier PB1001) plow for the 2305 seen here:
http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/Attachment?attNmbr=PB10_XF&prodNmbr=0140LV&tM=HO

:MTF_wel2: we are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

Here are the specs:
"Click Image For Larger Version"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Hi, I recently purchased a 2305 and was wondering if anyone knew what would be the biggest plow that this tractor could pull. My neighbor has an old 2 bottom that he said was 16"? Anyway, I tried it and it really struggled. couldnt put it in the ground all the way. Is there a 2 bottom that this tractor will pull, or do I need to look for a 1 bottom? If so, what specs should I be looking for?

~JD
Hey there Joe :MTF_wel: the 2210/2305s can only handle a 1 bottom plow. And its good to see another one from the Land of Lincoln!! :trink39:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:MTF_wel: and enjoy the forum along with your new tractor. slkpk

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
joedirt2305,

Welcome and glad to have ya aboard. :Welcome1:

Remember :wwp: . Post a few when you get a chance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all! I just wanted to say that I just stumbled on this site when I was researching tractor info, and I thought it was a pretty neat idea, so I joined to see what would happen. I cant believe how many of you have responded to help me out. What a cool network! I look forward to posting more often and hopefully I can help some of you out along the way too. I will take some pics of my 2305 for the site as was requested. Thanks again for welcoming me to the group!:thanku:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there Joe :MTF_wel: the 2210/2305s can only handle a 1 bottom plow. And its good to see another one from the Land of Lincoln!! :trink39:
Hello! Thanks for the response to my question. I noticed that you are in Secor? I am just a few miles from you then, over here by El Paso. I was wondering if we might know each other? I am origonally from Roanoke, so I know a few folks from Secor. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Joe, I pull a single 12" plow with mine in low range, and if it's "virgin" dirt it is all the 2305 wants.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i've tried a middle buster on mine, in low it's all it can handle, I second the above person, a one bottom plow is it.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Hello! Thanks for the response to my question. I noticed that you are in Secor? I am just a few miles from you then, over here by El Paso. I was wondering if we might know each other? I am origonally from Roanoke, so I know a few folks from Secor. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks
Holy cow you guys are almost Neibours. Newt was it Elpaso i stayed in for two nights while down there. Everybody was friendly. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy cow you guys are almost Neibours. Newt was it Elpaso i stayed in for two nights while down there. Everybody was friendly. :thThumbsU
Hi there, you are from Camrose? My wife and I stayed in Willingdon while we harvested wheat in that area. (Fall of 2007). Beautiful country up there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts