My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Wheel weights & 2-link tire chains will make a world of difference. After watching your video, I can see that you would be in a lot of trouble if you had serious snow to deal with and you had the tractor set up the way it is now.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel weights & 2-link tire chains will make a world of difference. After watching your video, I can see that you would be in a lot of trouble if you had serious snow to deal with and you had the tractor set up the way it is now.
Ive got tire chains for it. those wide turfs arent too great either. The owner wasnt able to find the wheel weights. My 1250 has snow tires, wheel weights and tire chains so i might do a wheel swap for the winter since the 1250 wont be ready for a long time. those 15" weights are heavy!

When i had a Deere 318 i had 200lbs of homemade concrete weights on the rear and it plowed well.

If we get a large snowfall i have the Ingersoll backhoe so im not worried about that. i just wanted to play with the new machine some

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
I've used an HT23 many times with either the dozer blade or the snowblower with those same wide turfs and 2-link chains. That combo worked well, as long as I had enough weight on the rear of the tractor.

You are right, Frank, those 15" plate weights are heavy too. Do you have enough to stack 3 on each wheel? That would give you a total of 240# on the rear axle.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Plowing snow already....your making me jealous

1 - 5 of 5 Posts