My Tractor Forum banner

plow wont lift

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  That_Guy 
#1 ·
Hi fellow MTF users, i recently aquired a snowblade/plow for my 1971 ss/14, well i mounted it, and it wont lift? when you move the lift arm, the plow lifts about 1/2 an inch, then goes back down to the ground, what could be wrong? thanks

#6 ·
There is a rod that holds it in the front mount scott. Hook the two bottom pins on the plow fram into the mount, then lift up the blade- You will see a pair of holes line up above the pins- then you need to put the rod through the holes

See my pic- rod (part #3) goes in the holes and will line up with the same holes in the mount on the tractor
Line art

#7 ·
i have the rod, and i have one pic, let me try posting it, it will be up in about 5-10 mins, need to send it from my phone

#8 ·
So I just got off the phone with James, and thanks to him, i think i now know whats wrong with it, the lift arm which has a shear pin and set screws, so we think the shear pin broke and the set screws couldnt hold the weight, so the lift arm moved down, so after work tomorrow, i'll take the lift arm apart, see if thats the problem, then go to napa and get a shear pin, and then have somoe fun plowing on sudnay, thanks everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.