My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local tractor group where I live is having a plow day Sept. 4. This plow day is for garden tractors, big tractors and horse/mule plow teams. They have 120 acres to plow. The location for the plow site is 11339 Feasby Weisner Rd. Van Wert, Ohio.

There is a planning meeting this Tuesday that I'm going to. I will pass on any infomation from that meeting. As of now I don't have a start time to post. I should a start time after the meeting Tuesday.

My email address is in my profile if you have any questions.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a flyer for plow day:

We haven't had any rain in the last 2-3 weeks. The soil is dry and will be hard to plow if we don't have any rain this week.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have not had any decent rain showers in the last 4 to 6 weeks. The soil is dry and hard. Someone tried to plow with a big tractor and plow today. They had problems getting the plow in the ground.

The weather forecast has a 50% chance of rain in it for Friday morning. I'm planning to go to plow day site after work and start a few lands for Saturday. I will let you know how it plowed tomorrow night.

It will be hard plowing if it don't rain. The plow day is a go even if it doesn't rain.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rain..........The temps were 90-95 degrees with a 10-15 mph wind the last 3 days.

I tried to plow Friday afternoon. I had problems getting the plow in the ground. I stood on Dad's plow when he plowed a round. We still had places the plow wouldn't go in. I weigh around 270 pounds.

I help set up a 3 point-3 bottom plow. There were cracks 1 inch wide in the bottom of the furrow. This was 7 inches deep.

I will have 3 IH Cub Cadets (70-100-149) at the plow day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
is there going to be anymore later this fall my parts for my hitch wont be here till next week I would like to try that I live south of there

thanks Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts