My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local tractor group where I live is having a plow day Sept. 4. This plow day is for garden tractors, big tractors and horse/mule plow teams. They have 120 acres to plow. The location for the plow site is 11339 Feasby Weisner Rd. Van Wert, Ohio.

There is a planning meeting this Tuesday that I'm going to. I will pass on any infomation from that meeting. As of now I don't have a start time to post. I should a start time after the meeting Tuesday.

My email address is in my profile if you have any questions.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a flyer for plow day:

We haven't had any rain in the last 2-3 weeks. The soil is dry and will be hard to plow if we don't have any rain this week.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have not had any decent rain showers in the last 4 to 6 weeks. The soil is dry and hard. Someone tried to plow with a big tractor and plow today. They had problems getting the plow in the ground.

The weather forecast has a 50% chance of rain in it for Friday morning. I'm planning to go to plow day site after work and start a few lands for Saturday. I will let you know how it plowed tomorrow night.

It will be hard plowing if it don't rain. The plow day is a go even if it doesn't rain.

·
life is good
1,048 Posts
Hey merk my wife and I will be there. I'll be the guy in a blue farm uniform, hope to meet you. Already talked with Dave from Indiana. What tractor/tractors will you have? Did you guys get any rain?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No rain..........The temps were 90-95 degrees with a 10-15 mph wind the last 3 days.

I tried to plow Friday afternoon. I had problems getting the plow in the ground. I stood on Dad's plow when he plowed a round. We still had places the plow wouldn't go in. I weigh around 270 pounds.

I help set up a 3 point-3 bottom plow. There were cracks 1 inch wide in the bottom of the furrow. This was 7 inches deep.

I will have 3 IH Cub Cadets (70-100-149) at the plow day.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Dave here.
I went to the plow day yesterday. Had a great time seeing all of the tractors and meeting new people. I have 57 pictures to re-size and post.
Merk was not joking about the ground being hard. It sounded as if you were pulling your plow across concrete. Garden tractor size plow.
Even the big tractors were struggling to pull plows there.
Dave

·
Registered
214 Posts
is there any more coming up in ohio I would like to check one out

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
There is a garden tractor plow day coming up Oct.2 at West Independence, Ohio. Contact Merk for more details.
Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts