My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
158 Posts
Plow compatibility older 42 & 44inch JD Blades will fit the X300 with this Modificati

Anyone know if a snow plow from a LT155 will fit an X300 as a bolt on deal?

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Plow compatibility question

After looking through the online pictures/manuals, it sure looks close. I'm wondering how much of a mod I'm looking at.......

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts

Well The X300 uses a different hitch as you can see in this diagram Item number 23A & 23B are different than 1A or 1B for the LT155 front blade

If you bought 23A or 23B you could make it work perfectly But I bet that section is half the cost of the Blade anyways. if the LT155 blade had 1B mounted on it and you could Bolt number 19 from the X300 blade on to 1B it might work But I think the Blade would be at the wrong height or angle when lowered to the Ground:thThumbsU

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

wonder if I could just weld a pair of plates to 1B to get the mounting points were they are on 23A......I'd use the winch to lift it, just like the snowblower.

Seems doable. I found a brand new plow assembly for $75, I think that's worth a bit of Mod-ing

·
Registered
3,953 Posts

serg sure know his stuff...

but I agree they look close enough to warrant some work for a 75$ purchase!

would be nice to see both parts side by side, but that probably isn't going to happen...

maybe they are closer than they look in the pic as both seem to have the same parts only on one they are bolted on and the other welded...

good luck!

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts

See where the Cross Bar is located on 1A and 1B in the back well that cross Bar is lower than the crosss Bar on 23A & 23B and the 1A/B cross bar is further forward to. Maybe if you cut the Back off the 1A/B where the 18's connect up to the 1A/B and then welled Bracket to get the right hieght on either side then welded a New cross member between them to get the right height But the next question would be are 23A/B the same width as 1A/B. if they are then it very doable welding it to fit.
But I would ask you dealer for the Heck of it what these cost
23A Part # AM134551
23B Part# AM137713
A New 44inch Blade at MSRP costs $529.00
:thThumbsU

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I'll have it in my hands today @ 3pm and go from there.

I assume the hitch frame should be level with the ground when I'm done, right? That would explain the up kick in the hitch frame (23B)?

·
Premium Member
7,472 Posts

I'm not trying to put a damper on your plans, but have you even measured to see if the LT155 and X300 have the same front frame width?

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'm not trying to put a damper on your plans, but have you even measured to see if the LT155 and X300 have the same front frame width?
nope, not yet :praying:

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

This was the easiest hook up! All I had to do was drill the hitch holes (1a/1b) to 5/8" and DONE. The plow hitch frame is slightly narrower then the tractor frame, but not enough for it to matter at 3/4". Very pleased!

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

You might consider shimming out the plow frame so its close, to alleviate side-shifting and twisting.
Great point, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,387 Posts

Are you able to lift it with The X300 foot pedal?

·
Banned
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Are you able to lift it with The X300 foot pedal?
Nope, used my ATV winch.......

Plow numbers:

Top view:

Holes in PLOW hitch (only 2) were redrilled to 5/8" to allow mounting the the X300 frame:

As you can see, this was dead simple! :trink39:

·
Registered
31 Posts

Could always contact a dealer and find out much the plate is, I'm sure its in the $200 range, but never know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.