My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made numerous searches and get conflicting info.
Currently own an LX 176 and have been using a 42” plow in the winter. Works fine until banks get too high.
Recently purchased a GX345 and wonder if this plow will fit the GX? I read that LX and GT series are compatible and other where GT and GX can interchange. Yet none of the charts seem to show LX TO GX swaps.
Can it be done? Is a manual to hydraulic lift adapter needed.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I don't think so. Besides, the 42" is too narrow for the tire width on a GX series. You really notice the issue when you angle the blade. For best results you need to find a 48" blade for your tractor. Be careful, there are 46" ones out there that were for the 240-285, 320 series and although they fit they are still just a hair too narrow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No lift kit on the tractor. I will have to get that. With the kit, will the 42 inch blade attach to aGX345?

·
Registered
158 Posts
No, the 42 inch blade from the LX176 will not work on the GX345. The 42 inch has pins that go into the front of the LX tractor frame, and it pivots from those pins.

The 48 inch blade pivots from under the middle of the tractor. And the lift kit lifts it about 1/2 way between the front blade and the back pivot points.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s a good explanation. I really new a snow thrower, but thought I could get by with this plow if it will fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts