My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
10K and Climbin!
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week was a bad one for me & my family as I had another seizure while driving and had a horrible accident while I drove downtown.. I unkowingly drove my car through a park through trees and traffic and other hazards and eventually crashed into a retirement home and entered/landed in a gentlman's apartment which trapped him under debris.. He was 81 and Emergency crews freed us and we both went to the hospital as a result.. We were just notified that he died this morning.. I feel horribly sad that this happenned and wish I could go back and reverse what happenned but cannot. :sorry1:

Please think of his family as they mourn his loss due to this unfortunate accident.. May God bless them and help them and me to come to terms with this unfortunate event..

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Oh, my God. Prayers to the both of you.

·
Branded for LIFE !!!
4,451 Posts
Both familys are in my prayers..

·
redneckyankee
195 Posts
aLL OF NEW ENGLAND IS PRAYING FOR YOU AND HIS FAMILY!!!!!!!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
You, your family, and the man's family are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
My prayers as well to you and the family this man, so much suffering in this tragedy weighs heavily on your heart I'm sure as well as all those involved, may God comfort the hearts of all at this terrible time :i_praying.

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
So sorry to hear about this. Prayers sent to you, your family as well as their family.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yesterday marked a year since the accident and my DMV hearing was last week.. I had been reviewing the police reports & information in preparation and have been reliving the accident all over again.. I am so sorry it wasn't me that died from that crash that day.. It was so hard to face his sister and his children.. It's a terrible thing to be the instrument of another person's demise even though it was medically caused..

Lord, please forgive me and help his family to do the same. :praying:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
It's difficult to even get a handle on all that is in this tragedy. The gentleman's death is horrible for his family and yours'. The legal ramifications are almost fully out of your hands. The safety of you continuing to drive is certainly a valid question. All these things will work themselves out in time.

God's forgiveness, you did nothing wrong. You made no choice to harm anyone. I fully believe that God's perspective on this is one of hurting with you, not blaming or condemning you.

The families forgiveness, if your sorrow has been genuine and your apologies sincere you have done all that you can. Their forgiveness of your part in this is their decision to make. They may continue to carry the weight of anger that burns them, not you, or they may know the blessing and relief of forgiveness for you and for themselves.

Your forgiveness of you, probably the hardest one to pull off. Remember, you made no conscious decision to harm anyone. You have expressed your sorrow to the family and made sincere apologies. You have done all in your power to rectify the accident and it's causes. If this much is true then you should forgive yourself this guilt you feel. Don't let the sorrow of one moment rob you of the purpose and joy of the rest of your life.:praying:

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
VERY well said Kentucky Wildcat.. WNY I certainly hope things are getting better as i know with talking to you that its been a bumpy year..

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
It's difficult to even get a handle on all that is in this tragedy. The gentleman's death is horrible for his family and yours'. The legal ramifications are almost fully out of your hands. The safety of you continuing to drive is certainly a valid question. All these things will work themselves out in time.

God's forgiveness, you did nothing wrong. You made no choice to harm anyone. I fully believe that God's perspective on this is one of hurting with you, not blaming or condemning you.

The families forgiveness, if your sorrow has been genuine and your apologies sincere you have done all that you can. Their forgiveness of your part in this is their decision to make. They may continue to carry the weight of anger that burns them, not you, or they may know the blessing and relief of forgiveness for you and for themselves.

Your forgiveness of you, probably the hardest one to pull off. Remember, you made no conscious decision to harm anyone. You have expressed your sorrow to the family and made sincere apologies. You have done all in your power to rectify the accident and it's causes. If this much is true then you should forgive yourself this guilt you feel. Don't let the sorrow of one moment rob you of the purpose and joy of the rest of your life.:praying:
Yes Sir! very well said. I agree with every word. prayers for both familys for now and always.:praying:

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Prayers and well wishes from us to you and your family and the other gentlemans family as well. May God Bless you in this time of sadness and strife. :praying:

·
10K and Climbin!
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:( The accident happened 3 years ago today..

My life has been totally changed (for the worse) and I try not to but I feel awful to have been the instrument of that poor man's demise.. May the Lord forgive me and give his family solace as they continue to remember him as he lived and shared life with them..:i_praying

1 - 20 of 22 Posts